Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Clutch bearing - Page 2 - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Clutch bearing

26 minutes ago, esprit22 said:

Let me know if you want the exact location of where the spring and bracket are located and I will endeavor to take a photo of mine, 🏎️

A pic would be great thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well I had a look this morning, can only just see from above, as situated below the turbo to airbox trunking, unable to get phone down there to take a photo 🤔 will need to remove trunking to gain access, will do when I've rid of a bad cold! 

Chris, thanks for the offer but dont remove anything just for this. I will be able to experiment. I have the boot floor out and airbox already so plenty of room to try things.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Steve4012 said:

Andy, isn't the rubber cover on the clutch fork supposed to be on the outside of the bell housing?

Yeah maybe. I have tried it on outside where it was originally and pushed in. Not really sure where its supposed to be but didnt make any difference to the issue.

• 2 months later...

Having fired mine up today after a bit of a period tucked up in the garage, I think I'm getting the same noise - a 'chirping' that goes away as soon as you apply a little pressure to the clutch pedal.

Being one to always assume the worst I was worried it might be the clutch input shaft/circlip failure issue - but slightly happier now that I've read this - will investigate further...

Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!