Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Nmeg's July Jaunt - Page 3 - UK - Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Nmeg's July Jaunt

Backmarker

why not try for 25 now..

I get my car back on saturday yippee, and have large bill to pay, which would probably match the national debt of a small independant african state

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Dave Walters and Ambrose for adding their names to the list.........20 it is.

Howard, I think 25 might be a little greedy, but if another 5 Esprits want to come along, they're more than welcome

Lets aim for 25 either at Augusts Welsh run or at the Christmas Bash ;)

(sorry but is the 27th of June a little too early to mention Christmas :) )

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I am thinking about a date for the Aniversary ( xmas) run this week, 10th or 17th of December.

any comments on the date please, does it suit or not suit?

charity venue will be Dogs Trust at Roden nr Shrewsbury then lunch at the Lamb

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

H,

Any reason why you want to play on a Monday?

Could this be added to the July Agenda?

Graham

Edited by Backmarker

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

a welsh run... in august,, im sorry but no-one has run that throught the cymru nationall naturalisation and immigration officer (that will be me then) yet!!!!! i may need to issue temporary green cards and visas that day!! strip searches may also be neccessary!!

whoops on the date i have my 2007 LEW calendar hung on top of my 2006 LEW calendar must have looked at the wrong page/ year/ calendar

9th or 16th then

9th is my prefered choice

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

1 backmarker V8

2 Mat S2

3 esprit350 S4

4 Dodgy S3t fixed

5 oneshot S350

6 Davebarny S4

7 BigSi S3t

8 NoneShallPass SE ?clutch?

9 Gasmangt3 +1

10 Simon GT3(with new suspenders!) i mean suspension......

11 nicksoldies 9 of 40

12 SPARE PLACE (Stagowner Sorry Holiday booked by the none car enthusiast in the house)

13 (Oh no! 13?) Ansellb S4

14 JBF & Katie (I will try and make more cakes....any requests?! We'll be visiting JBF's Dad in Walsall the night before so might not be possible.)

15 Greenman x180 n/a

16 Alex-GT3-

17 David V8

18 Mick Bull GT3 ??

19. Dave Walters AKA Superdavelotus (95% confirmed)

really sorry to loose you Nick, its always them them them :beer:

so, a sadly a spare place has come up ( i knew it was tempting fate going on about the magical 20 :wallbash: )

1 backmarker V8

2 Mat S2

3 esprit350 S4

4 Dodgy S3t fixed

5 oneshot S350

6 Davebarny S4

7 BigSi S3t

8 NoneShallPass SE ?clutch?

9 Gasmangt3 +1

10 Simon GT3(with new suspenders!) i mean suspension......

11 nicksoldies 9 of 40

12 SPARE PLACE (Stagowner Sorry Holiday booked by the none car enthusiast in the house)

13 (Oh no! 13?) Ansellb S4

14 JBF & Katie (I will try and make more cakes....any requests?! We'll be visiting JBF's Dad in Walsall the night before so might not be possible.)

15 Greenman x180 n/a

16 Alex-GT3-

17 David V8

18 Mick Bull GT3 ??

19. Dave Walters AKA Superdavelotus (95% confirmed)

20 Ambrose S3t

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Can I just throw a spanner in here :wallbash:

I had a call from the garage and they are plugging it as well - they are passing the details on to Esprit owners who have their car in for servicing so there may already be 20+ :beer:

So Howard can we have some of your magical flyers available on the day so that those who aren't currently members of LEF can have the details??

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

I always carry them in the car !

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Hi All,

Think my S1 may be ready for a longer run out ......... if I may take the vacated spot on the list?

Obviously it's not the fastest of Esprit's so to save your frustration it may be better if I trundle down seperately or at least don't hang back on my account :-)

Cheers,

Steven.

Steve

Convoy speed is one of the items to be discussed at the NMEG meeting afterwards (see separate thread re NMEG egm.) Don't worry about speed, I'm in the same boat and I'll stay with you if all else fails!

Will be good to finally see your car. You made any progress on wheels yet? I'm also looking forward to having a looksee at your brake upgrade.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Hi Mat,

I thought it was about time I took the plunge and sent my S1 out into the big wide world! I guess we can pootle around together then!

I will definitely be having a new set of wheels, I just need to commit to an order plus tyres! Maybe we can discuss on the day?

The brake upgrade feels good and peforms well although I have the same problem as raised by USAndretti42 with a variable brake pedal so I'll need to look into a new master cylinder as well. I was wondering, do you, or anyone else for that matter, know if a larger bore master cyclinder is available as the new brake calipers are bigger and need more fluid shifting to work them?

Just had an electric plumbed in fire extinguisher system fitted!

Twin pacet fan conversion on the rad. seems to be doing a really good job of keeping the temp. down, just need to sort the electric water pump now!

Cheers,

Steven.

All those mods sound really good! I have always found Pete at PNM an excellent source for advice regarding mods, I'm sure he could advise you on a new master cylinder.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Mat and Steve,

I may follow you two down and I like to cruise at lower speeds. I think the Esprit attracts unwanted attention especially in groups and I like to take it easy. Will contact you to arrange times.

Dave Walters

Steve look forward to seeing you on the day, and no reason why we cant have two convoys, good chance to take some pics etc

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

We know from past experience that it's difficult keeping large numbers of Esprits together, although the chances of doing so increase if we drop the speed a bit........65mph instead of 70mph officer.

I prefer to keep as many of us together as possible.........it's more of a spectacle for the locals and allows our photographers to get some great snaps.

It's on the Agenda for the meeting at the Lamb so make sure you turn up and have your say; this isn't some sort of EU club you know :animier:

just to confirm im meeting you all still at frankley services yes??

I will be at Frankley. I have no idea what time but I will find out by the day. Looking forward to seeing you and your newly shined Lotus there.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

- Mario Andretti

Thats fine Si.

You know your way there and there'll be a few other pilots on the runway.

Rest of the squadron will be coming in from Hilton Park and Sandbach.

Frankley to Nick Whale won't even be long enough to allow the cab crew to come round with drinks :animier:

Graham.

ok guys if I havent sold my White Lady by then you can count me in, I will be travelling up from Essex M25, M11, A140 then cut across to the M6 joining at junction of the M1, any chance of meeting up with anyone on my way up. She is in the garage at the moment having her brakes done, apparently one is binding causing the brake fluid to get to hot, had a failure going to Le-Mans, although only tempoarary.

So if anyone is going from my part of the world please let me know