Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Nmeg's July Jaunt - Page 7 - UK - Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Nmeg's July Jaunt

Backmarker

1 backmarker V8 ---Hilton Park (HP)

2 Mat S2 Sandbach (S)

3 esprit350 S4 HP ** and Renu ** :)

4 Dodgy S3t fixed HP

5 oneshot S350 HP

6 Davebarny S4 Frankley (F)

7 BigSi S3t (F)

8 NoneShallPass SE ?clutch? (S)

9 Gasmangt3 +1 (F)

10 Simon GT3(with new suspenders!) i mean suspension......(S)

11 nicksoldies 9 of 40 (F)

12 Ansellb S4 (F)

13 JBF & Katie :P

14 Greenman x180 :P Punky (F) :D

15 David V8 (S)

16 Mick Bull GT3 :no Ian Heighway HP :D ??

17 Ambrose S3t (F)

18 Steve Palmer (sunbeam fantastic S1)(S)

19 Freddie Templeman (series - SE High Wing) (F)

20 Robert Baker (Bobbak V8 SE) HP

21 Kato HP

anyone heard anything off Phil -nonshallpass ?

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone heard anything off Phil -nonshallpass ?

Hi y'all,

I'm still here :P

After 2 weeks of PC hell, I've been coping with a pile up of deadlines at work. I've just about got through what I needed to this weekend, so I'll be there.

It's 4:20am now, so don't be too surprised if I oversleep. If I don't make it to Sandbach in time, I'll meet up with you at the Lamb. It'll be good to do something other than work, eat and sleep for a change.

Phil

More speed, less haste

looks like we gonna have a good day out...

Ill put the flippers and snorkels bak in the loft..........

see you all later

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Yes that yellow thingy in the sky is showing its face here too.

Quite forgot what it looked like.

See you all in about 2 hours.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Good meeting with the weather holding off and 20 Esprits making the trip to Nick Whales.

Here's LEW's article from the day.

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EOtherstuff/NickWhale.html

Thanks to NMEG for organising and inviting LEW.

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

Good to see you Kato, glad you had a good day

ps you may want to check the date on the article you just published, it says 2006...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Just got back, great to see you all and especially BigSi, Punky, Kato and Ambrose who drove many miles to join in. Refreshing to note the rust proofing properties of a layer of oil on the bottom of your car!

Thought the meeting went well and looking forward to plenty of future NMEG events.

See you all soon.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Just had a phone call from Dodgy - him and Graham are still at the Lamb - Graham's car has thrown a wobbly! AA man is there and looks like the car has got to be low loaded to Nick Whale's.

I'm sure they will update later on when they get home.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Sorry to hear about Grahams car. Had a good day and good to see some new faces, and catching up with some old.

Was good to have the car checked out and even better, im still standing!

See you all soon,

Dave

Hi All,

Just got back.

Really enjoyed the drive round with tons of other esprits... and the drive back was nice and sunny (though the company of a crappy Z4 wasn't quite the same). Plus is was great to (try) and put names to faces. Look forward to doing it again soon.

Ambrose

Thanks to all those who organised a great day, and for Nick Whale for being such great hosts. It was a pity that Gina and I could not stay longer but we had family commitments this afternoon. Sorry to hear about Grahams car, I hope his wallet is not in too much pain and it recovers soon. :P I found out one thing today, I think an Exige S is off the shopping list, I dont think my hip and back are up to it :crybaby:

A brilliant day. Thanks very much to Graham and David and everyone who organised it. And Nick Whale's staff - they couldn't have been friendlier.

It was fun to have a peek underneath everyone's cars as they were hoisted onto the ramp. Mind you, I could have done without the revelation that my turbo's got an oil leak.... :P

Look forward to seeing you all at the next event.

Cheers!

Ben

many thanks to the nmeg guys, it was a pleasure to pop up and spend the day with you all and have a good time out. frankley isnbt that far a drive in the scheme of things so popping up north isnt too far now.

well my oil leak hadnt come back since the new pipe was fitted so thats good all clean, and the first time i got a real good look at the underneath of the car since i got her back.

had to tighten a few nuts but nothing serious and apart from that my cleaning has paid off :P

thanks again guys i enjoyed myself and the food was great.

just a few small mud splatters but other than that nice and clean!!

DSCN5482.jpg

Good to see everyone today. A good turn-out, with some new faces joining the usual suspects.

I was particularly pleased to see the fruits of Punky's labours. A lovely job - the engine looks and sounds like it was always meant to be there.

Hopefully Graham's problem isn't too bad - fingers crossed.

Kato, nice quick work on the write-up :no, but I think this page is the one we're all waiting to be updated (with the totty at Hilton Park) :P

Phil

More speed, less haste

Many thanks to Nick whale for putting up with us and putting such a good spread on :no

and to the met office for getting it right on the day :P

i finally got home at 10.30, which is quite amazzing when i only live 45mins from the lamb!

firstly , one of the only pics i have of the day

IMG_0972.jpg

and then the ones from the end (graham gave me the ok to post them :D )

The AA man com-eth

IMG_0974.jpg

The AA man go-eth, "me no fix" then the trailer came DAM thats tight!

IMG_0975.jpg

Oh My! Thats close

IMG_0977.jpg

got it on in the end

IMG_0978.jpg

that is where we parted company with the car. the yello machine was taken to a secure location, while i took Graham back home.

Very LONG day :D

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Sad to see Grahams new machine in need of some fixing, looks like G will be the first to benifit from the discounts we arranged yeaterday.

Hope the problem isnt too serious

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

sorry guys couldnrt make it yesterday, car was still stuck in the garage haveing the electrics done. Been in now for over 10 days, been one of those jobs that as soon as something is fixed, something else comes to light.

Hope you all had a great time...............

Freddie we were looking forward to meeting you, but understand why you didnt make it, better luck next time

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Excellent day. The weather was kind to us allowing a nice drive, especially with an S2 showing us how to do it. Thanks to all involved in organising it. Thanks to Nick Whale and the Lamb for their hospitality. Nice to see everyone.

I hope it's only a minor glitch Graham, a car that nice can't give you much trouble.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

- Mario Andretti

I have just posted a thank you letter on our behalf to Ian at Nick Whale, I have also promised him some photos, so please post yours in the photo thread

Also thanks to Bibs for our own corner of the forum

dont forget next NMEG run is wales to meet up with Club Lotus north west

watch this section for details soon

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor