Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dealer Margins... The S4s On The For Sale Board - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Dealer Margins... The S4s On The For Sale Board

hotdog

Always nice to see what the trade like to deal at - without the anoyance of actually selling to them in reality.

The Azure S4S on the sale board was looking for a new home on eBay a few weeks ago from a dealer who in fairness described it very fully and put lots of big pictures to prove.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a dealer I would have to say that it's all about economies of scale. I know for a fact that we make

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

We also don't know if this went straight from eBay to Mark, there might have been another transaction between? I've only heard good things about Mark so I feel without full facts we should reserve judgement.

At the end of the day it's irrelevant what he bought it in at, the only thing to consider is, is the price fair for that car, in that condition from a dealer.

I recently bought an Essex roof stereo on eBay for

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

As a dealer I would have to say that it's all about economies of scale.

Spot on I'd say. It's like selling anything. If you sell loads a month then your margin will be much lower than if you only sell a few. Look at some V8 Esprits, I've seen dealers have them for months, even a year or more before they sell them. If you flog one a year I'd be looking for a far bigger margin on that deal. Ofcause, you could argue the other way, i.e. it's not sold because the margin is too high.

Right then, said Fred.

As a lot of you know i love my watches, but sadly i'm not well

off enough to spend hundreds of pounds...

:lol:

I use Ebay, buying and selling for very similar profit percentages,

ths allows me to feed my watch habit. I look for poorly listed ads

with bad descriptions, pictures and spelling (making searches miss

it), and then i resell to build funds for a watch i want to keep. This

also means i get to wear lots of different ones as they pass through

my hands. I feel no guilt making the profit, each one i sell has hundreds

of clicks, 40 or so watchers, and 20+ bids. Each watch was a good buy

for the winner, each winner could have bought it the first time round

when i did, but they did not, much like this car.

One real Example:

On an aside Paul, how do you polish scratches from a mineral glass, or even a normal glass for that matter?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

On an aside Paul, how do you polish scratches from a mineral glass, or even a normal glass for that matter?

Firstly, at your own risk and not on car glass etc with a laminate film or anything on top

of the glass surface (eg anti reflective treatment, tint etc)...

Cerium oxide. It's a compound that with water (and water is needed for it to work)

will polish scratches in glass. It's a very slow process as you don't want to heat the

watch glass so much it cracks.

With the polishing pad on a drill, i only risk about one minute of contact on a watch glass

(as it gets quite hot), then rest it for a couple of minutes to cool. This process can take at

least 2 hours and it is really easier to get a new glass if you can. Perspex or 'plexiglass'

watch glasses are a doddle though, as a couple of minutes with brasso gets them like new.

(brasso will polish any plastic, collectors of bakelite have known this for years).

Here's a kit i buy http://www.alphaglassuk.co.uk/scratched.htm , worth practicing on something

first mate, but is quite easy to use, do NOT under estimate the importance of water, it does not

work without it. People use this to remove graffiti like scratching from shop glass, and it can also

be used for polishing stones.