Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
what brake oil? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

what brake oil?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's brake fluid. Castrol SRF and change it once a year :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: If you don't do any trackdays, just go with normal Motul or something similar and change regularly as well

10 minutes ago, Francescopol said:

mechanic says that srf over time creates damage to rubbers and pipes ... is it true?

I've been using it for years and never had a problem, also have not heard of this from anyone. It really is the matter of taking the car to the trackdays or not. If the answer it "yes" - SRF is it along with all the maintenance; if "no" - I'd not really bother.

Ever since I had massive track day brake fading on my S2 SC Exige, I switched to this...

https://aaoil.co.uk/product/r-600-racing-brake-fluid/

Brilliant... and none of the 'issues' that SRF supposedly has.

Like the Evora... it's the best brake fluid that no one knows about!!!

7 hours ago, pete757 said:

it's the best brake fluid

Wet boiling point of 204C vs 270C, not so sure. It's not any different from the rest of the high performance brake fluids.

Years ago after suffering from boiling the fluid in my exige,  I got some high spec standard fluid from Halfords and never had any other issues. Never had issues with my evora but have only done one (wet) track day.