Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New production of Elite and Eclat galv chassis - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New production of Elite and Eclat galv chassis

Dunc

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 16:54, Dunc said:

viable restoration projects.

Prices are expected to be in the region £2.5k +vat.

Great news Dunc but that's 'viable' in the altruistic sense I take it? :devil:

Maybe (hopefully?) it is actually more of an indication that perhaps the longer term value of these iconic vehicles will begin to be recognised. However fantastic the Esprit is, Lotus was never just about 1 car. Even Colin Chapman liked an Elite as a daily driver...........

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• Gold FFM

Just got to ask then. Whats a good galvanised secondhand Excel chassis worth now. And an Elite.

I think they would still change hands for reasonable money John,  But given the price of the new ones i am sure the used prices will go up, even more so with the used stock drying up,   I think getting chassis built was always going to happen,  Mikes race cars i.e the lotus talbots use the excel chassis IIRC.

So luckiy to have work in progress parts been designed  by lotusbits, owner,supplier and enthusiast , :thumbup:

A