Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Driving In Esprit - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Driving In Esprit

Goose

I have just completed about 2,500 miles in my '82 S3 Esprit. No problems at all, aside from the windscreen wiper coming off (easily fixed).

Drove down to Monaco for the grand prix, then onto San Remo in Northern Italy, then down to Pisa, up to Parma, and then Lake Como. After Como we drive up to Chamonix to see Mont Blanc and the Mer de Glace, then onto Interlakken, follwed by Basel and finally Reims and around Amiens. Faultless and a great holiday.

Even managed to get a photo taken of the Esprit in the Mont Blanc tunnel... Although the police charged us quite a bit for it...

We were nervous at first at taking the Esprit but it was great - it attracted lots of attention and made us a few friends.

LotusMontBlanc.jpg

Can't recommend driving through Europe enough! :) The Esprit has now become part of the family!

Angus

banner-1.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh - I'm seeing double now - didn't I just reply to this - or am I loosing it :)

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

That's better - did the other one get deleted? :)

Great to hear of someone doing a long road trip in a G car - helps those of us that need to gain more confidence in our steeds! :)

Nice pic - any more you can share? :)

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

Fantastic, but we need more photos!!!!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Well done Angus!!

After my alpine run and wine tour in France last summer I'm going trans-europe again this year witht he S2. A couple of hiccups last time, but nothing that couldn't be fixed so hopefully this time will be plain sailing! You have to love the attention the Esprit gets abroad :realmad:

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Thanks! I thought it might help boost confidence in the old cars. I still get the Lots of Trouble Usually Serious comments and they really couldn't be further from the truth!

Pete - you are right about the attention - everyone loved it. Every time we stopped people would come and chat and ask about the car, also saw a few Lotus Elise owners driving around.

I will dig out some more photos this evening. Happy days! :realmad:

banner-1.jpg