Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Norfolk Meets - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Norfolk Meets

OwenGT3

Crikey, Just down the road from the factory!.....and me!! Might pop down (if her in doors lets me out)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 10.30 please mate, am busy till then.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just mention it again, it's the SELOC meeting this evening at the Bird in Hand pub in Wreningham, 5 minutes from Lotus. I'll be going along, hope a few local Esprits can make it, wouldn't want to be the only one amongst all those Elises and Exiges. :)

http://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid=123648

Owen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Calling all Norfolk and Suffolk Esprits, meeting time! B)

Ok, I think we should plan for a meet in the Norfolk area as there doesn't seem to be any local to Norwich (Not counting Club Lotus), all the Esprits we can muster! :thumbup: I would suggest we forge alliances with the SELOC group and decend on their meeting, as only two cars turned up to their last one, plus me, they look like they need some support! :w00t:

Their meeting is held on the third Wednesday of every month, so I make that the 15th August. I will confirm with my mate who is one of the organisers. By going to the SELOC evening, if no one from this forum turns up, you won't feel such a lemon sipping a coke on your own in the pub, there should be at least one other Lotus person there! :P:D

They use the Bird in Hand pub at Wreningham and meet from 7pm onwards. The Elises and Exiges go for a spin sometimes, depends on the weather.

Here's the link: SELOC Meeting Information

Please, lets make the effort and have a good turn out, I know I'm not the only Esprit around here, I've seen others!! :w00t:

Thanks,

Owen. :D

Hi, I live in Lakenham in Norwich, south side of the city, 5 minutes from Trowse by-pass and the A140, 15 minutes from Lotus Cars. I don't mind travelling some distance, but the nearest Club Lotus meet is a 50 mile plus round trip for me, and after a usually crap day at work you sometimes don't feel like that sort of trip, I would have to go straight after work.

I was looking for something a bit closer, 30 min journey time to the destination. I'm going to go to the SELOC one next in Norwich, but most are Elise and Exige owners, which ok are nice Lotuses, but I'm old school, has to have a Chapman connection built in! ;)

Some have replied to this thread and seem to be up for meeting, so perhaps a meet should be organised? I use to meet to discuss a project with some guys in the pub on the A11 at Attleborough, forgot what it's called, but you can't miss it, the big one next to the roundabout, what is it called? ;)

Thats a good place to go to, reasonable car park and pleasant inside.

Any thoughts?

Owen.

The pub is called the Breckland Lodge and the foods reasonable however there is a pub just south of Hethel with a big car park (The Bird in Hand at Wrenningham) on the Mulbarton Road how about there? If not a thrash down the A11 to Attleborough suites me fine.

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Not good for me, one of my old bosses drinks there and him and I don't get on.

I suggest Queens head in Hethersett or Worlds End in Mulbarton, though to be fair I know most of the pubs in the area from a misspent youth!

Not good for me, one of my old bosses drinks there and him and I don't get on.

I suggest Queens head in Hethersett or Worlds End in Mulbarton, though to be fair I know most of the pubs in the area from a misspent youth!

Or the peole running the pubs know you?

OK, give us the list of those you're not banned form / have a restraining order against entering again.

Andy

I'm banned from the wig and Pistle for a small riot that wasn't my fault, Kings Head Hethersett because the owners old man is a ;) The Stag at Attleborough because I don't want my head being removed from my shoulders, Barford Cock because of a brawl that spread out into the road involving their and our pool teams and erm......is that it? Oh and a pub in Old Buckenham that I can't remember the name (I actually don't remember much of that night) because I, apparantly, stole their jellybean machine.

I think the last one is totally wrong as, lets face it, you can't put a Jellybean machine on your head can you?.......(traffic cone is more likely)

So really none of it was your fault?

"It wasn't me Sir, it was Billy that......" is the line that normally goes to the teacher when somebody mis-behaves.

Anyway. B896, now has a continent rear caliper.

It has a suitably tight front wheel bearing (rather than 3mm of movement)

It has new adjustable top rear links and therefore less than the 3 degrees of camber it previously had.

All in all, I hope it's safe to go on the road again.

So. everybody, when are the Norfolk members geting together?

the SELOC meet seems to be the 15th August. Should we meet there, somewhere else sooner ?

Andy.

Hi,

Well How about this for a plan. Those who want to go to the SELOC meeting go, like I said, you won't be the only one, I'll be there and my mate with his Elise minimum two people! :w00t: If we want just an Esprit venue then possibly we find another pub with ample parking, and Kimbers isn't banned from and within a resonable distance for all of us to be able to attend without travelling 100 miles round trip.

What's the pub before you just come into Aylsham, on the right before the roundabout, next to the garden centre? Thats not a bad place, I'll go there and they do good food, so you could have your tea there :( Also have a reasonable car park. Gives us all a little drive out, but not too far away. :geek:

Owen.

Couple of other ideas for you. One east and the other south of Norwich.

The Fur & Feather at Woodbastwick (excellent food and next door to Woodfordes brewery)

Or if you wanted to head south in the hope of attracting some of Suffolk boys how about The Old Ram (on the A140 at Tivetshall). Good food and a huge car park.

Rams good but 15 odd miles away on the dreaded A140 (thats 2 hours to non norfolk people).

Rams good but 15 odd miles away on the dreaded A140 (thats 2 hours to non norfolk people).

At 40mph all the way (s*** road now to travel on)! :( The Ram, nice suggestion otherwise.

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

At 40mph all the way (s*** road now to travel on)! :thumbsup: The Ram, nice suggestion otherwise.

Owen.

But you get to test the car's handling at extremes. Normally avoiding some idiot who's pulled out of the line of traffic to try and overtake 2 cars and therefore be 2 cars further up in the slow moving traffic, or somebody who just doesn't bother to look as the pull out of one of the side turns.

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Have mentioned this briefly in one of my listings (Newbies, Esprit comes home to Norfolk), but I was wondering if there is a regular meeting of Esprit owners held in the Norfolk area, somewhere in and around Norwich? I know there is one held every month by the SELOC site as my mate helps organise the local meets in this region, but I wondered if there was one just for us esprit nuts? :thumbsup:

Any info on any meets in the local or surrounding area would be great. :clap:

Owen

Owen,

Shall we say Tuesday 14th August 7pm at the Bird in Hand pub (Just after the Lotus turn off on the Mulbarton road-we can go on to another pub from there if i doesnt suit!!!!) for our first meet and if people can't make it they cant make it. Even if its just the two of us it will be a start.

Simon

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hi,

Ok, I'm there! :thumbsup:

What's funny is, it's the second Tuesday of the month, but the next day, Wednesday is the third one, so the SELOC meeting is then. :yes So will be attending the place two days in a row! :clap:

Owen.

Hope weather is good.