Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Built in Hethel, finished in Mendig - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Built in Hethel, finished in Mendig

What a fantastic experience! I’d love to pay them a visit some day. I’m half German and have family not too far from there, so perhaps that’s the excuse I need!

Just out of interest, is there an “official” figure for how much extra weight the full 460 kit adds? Obviously it’s offset by the power, but curious to know.

Hahaha almost 🤣🤣🤣

the small bits don’t count, it’s how it feels and it feels just brilliant...

.. ooooohhhhhh and that howl. Don’t know if it’s the 2bular or a combination of everything but man What a noise. Dartford Tunnel got a hammering in second gear....I’m a boy racer again 😈

ps George, sent u an email...

cheers

Hi,

they are limited to around 7000 as are the new Exige’s. Toyota modified the valve gear ...

to be fair you won’t miss it that much... 😬

11 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Hi,

they are limited to around 7000 as are the new Exige’s. Toyota modified the valve gear ...

to be fair you won’t miss it that much... 😬

I’ll agree with that, even on track I find I don’t use all the revs as there’s so much torque with the kit!

• Like 1

@Mark030358 Random question but does the Komotec kit remove the SC pulley cover? How are you finding range on the standard tank ( I know yours is a bit bigger than the v6's anyway)?

380 did not need the supercharger pulley changing. It was already reduced by Litus to get the extra boost.

MPG 

Averaged 31mpg to Mendig, 30mpg on the way back. That included the occasional caning when possible 👍

cheers

Mark

Ps get yourself to Mendig, with all your mods you would love it there. They have an Evora in build with a cool CF dash.

cheers

Cheers Mark. Pretty good change to the MPG, I was expecting much worse!

Once I've finished the current round of mods, I need to decide on suspension, get some more time in the car and then decide if I need more power...

You ALWAYS need more power. TBF the 380 brakes are excellent, but will see where that leads along with a few other bits and bobs. I guess your not too far from so so if you want to try the car when I’m around you are welcome.

cheers

Mark

• Thanks 1

Sure. Lets try sometime towards the middle/end if April. I'll pm you to arrange.

cheers

Mark

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nope nothing. If fact the KT tech told me of only a few with gearbox issues, those being from early V6 boxes or really battered on track. One problem was with a spacer cracking, which has been replaced in later boxes by making one of the gears and the spacer from one piece of steel. The other upgrade they offer is  removing the plastic bits from the selector forks and brazing in brass plates. I believe this is in fact a H111 design, but told it helps, especially if you are a bit harsh with the changes. 

cheers

• 8 months later...