Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pad Replacement For Ap Brakes? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Pad Replacement For Ap Brakes?

I have ~ 12k miles on the stock pads and I was thinking about going to the track soon. I figured it'd be a good idea to replace the pads before I go. Any idea where to get the OE pads other than the dealer or something simillar?

Thanks

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp

mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ~ 12k miles on the stock pads and I was thinking about going to the track soon. I figured it'd be a good idea to replace the pads before I go. Any idea where to get the OE pads other than the dealer or something simillar?

Thanks

Check with Hawk brake pads, they'll have a replacement for the AP calipers, go for the Black or HP Plus compound. If you want real performance for the track see if they have the HT-10 compound( they may be called Gold compound now) but these are just short of Nascar compound and are phenomenal!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Check with Hawk brake pads, they'll have a replacement for the AP calipers, go for the Black or HP Plus compound. If you want real performance for the track see if they have the HT-10 compound( they may be called Gold compound now) but these are just short of Nascar compound and are phenomenal!

Artie

Artie, I thought someone posted the Hawk pads are too thick and will not fit?

http://www.glcforum.com/esprit/forums/inde...showtopic=10080

I ran porterfields (in brembos) great on the road and cheap too, but rubbish on track - they just fall apart. Rob C had these on his sport350 - from new to nothing in one trackday at goodwood - had to drive back home with nothing left..! oops. Dermot had same experience at vmax - when they get really hot they just wear like they're made from chocolate. Porterfield do some more track biased pads but not tried these.

The OE lotus pad in the AP calipers is actually very good - stands up well on track and is also great on the road - just a little pricey - no idea who makes these (anyone?)

I also ran Ferrodo DS2500 pads in the AP calipers - excellent pad for both road and track (airfield/vmax) use. Would recommend 100%.

Edited by Rob

• 5 months later...

Just bringing this thread back to life <_< What else is everyone using for alternative pads in AP Callipers?

I currently have EBC green stuff in mine according to PO records, which is ok for the road, but I doubt I will want to use them for the occasional track day. Its always hard getting that perfect comprimise so the disks dont get eaten up.

350.gifNo.23