Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus In the Peak - 23rd June 2019 - UK - Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus In the Peak - 23rd June 2019

Alex B -MLOC

Lotus In the Peak returns for another year.

Sunday 23rd June 2019

This years offering brings three all-new runs with some slight changes to the run start points but the big news is the addition of a fantastic barbeque and meeting for Friday evening at the Charles Cotton in Hartington - even more reason to make a full weekend of it! 

Tickets can be found in the MLOC store just follow the link below. 
https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/index.html/mloc-lotus-news/litp-tickets-on-sale-now-r1992/

• Like 1

If you've not been on this event before it really is worth a look, check out the link above :thumbup:

You can join in with as much or as little as you like. You could do the full weekend visit to the Peak District with the Friday night BBQ, guided runs on Sunday day morning, breakfast meet and and then the grand convoy procession to the Sunday meeting at Peak Rail and a tasty gourmet picnic :)

BUT, you don't have to do all of it, you could just join us on the Sunday for a great drive out :driving: It might be worth mentioning that this year (in addition to the usual longer driving routes) we have the choice of a shorter and more relaxed route designed specifically with classic Lotus and chilled drivers in mind!

Hope to see you there :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

This looks like a really well organised (and promoted) weekend! It provides me with another good reason for a road trip 'across the water'. I don't know the Peak District at all and it looks great for touring. Signed up last week and looking forward to attending and meeting MLOC members.👍

• Like 2

if you cant make this one
there is a Peak District run which has been going for many years.......
and something you can do in your own time and at a speed you choose
and you're not just following someone
on the following weekend..........30th June

just in case anyone is interested.......

• Like 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• 3 weeks later...

Been out this morning testing the Baslow run, checking that it 'flows' properly. Pleased to report that it's fantastic fun and flows beautifully on a mix of great roads, really enjoyed it 

(Already done the other two routes on offer and they are just as good  )

Don't miss out on this event, it's a cracker :thumbup:

Edited by duncx

Great video Charlie, who's is that beautiful Kawasaki Green 250 Cup at 4:24?  Oh wait ........it's mine :)

Already over 70 cars booked on the Sunday morning runs and 40+ for the Friday BBQ! Shaping up nicely for a great weekend :thumbsup:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, charliejd85 said:

Haha. Are we going to shoot another one?? 😊

Ray mentioned it - when are you thinking? We should have done something this weekend (Easter) - perfect weather!

Another film, this time from last year's actual event, shot and edited by some 'real film'  enthusiasts (i.e. NOT video!) called Derby Film Makers :thumbup:

Edited by duncx
  • Like 2

On 20/04/2019 at 08:06, duncx said:

Ray mentioned it - when are you thinking? We should have done something this weekend (Easter) - perfect weather!

Would have been a perfect weekend but only just got back from Spain!! Will have to be a weekend in May (with good weather!)

This year for the first time we are having a LitP barbecue on the Friday night, at the Charles Cotton hotel in Hartington. The CC will be LitP 'base' for the weekend and all rooms are reserved for those taking part in the event. On top of that we have quite a few attendees staying at other venues (including campsites) in and around Hartington so the place should have a real Lotus buzz about it.

We have over 50 booked and paid for the barbecue so far and something like 80 cars booked and paid for Sunday so it is shaping up nicely. I can't wait!

• 4 weeks later...

A quick reminder folks....

Just 4 weeks to go until the big event clp.gif

The Friday BBQ and the Sunday morning runs are by advance bookings only and the list will be closing at midnight on Sunday 16th June - just 3 weeks left to book!

https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/litpbooking/

• Thanks 1

Yes, get over to midlandslotus.co.uk and book if you haven't already!

We have over 90 booked and paid so far, with lots of people staying in or around Hartington to attend the Friday night barbecue and make a weekend of it.  It's shaping up very nicely  🙂

Edited by deanb
  • Like 1

booked on - lets hope the old girl can hack it this year. had to retire early due to a huge coolant leak, thankfully turned out to be a split hose. some of the roads are stunning but the camber and some of the surfaces can be pretty punishing on an old esprit

Great event though and very much looking forward to it

• Like 1

On 28/05/2019 at 13:53, hopo said:

booked on - lets hope the old girl can hack it this year. had to retire early due to a huge coolant leak, thankfully turned out to be a split hose. some of the roads are stunning but the camber and some of the surfaces can be pretty punishing on an old esprit

Great event though and very much looking forward to it

Great to have you along Hopo!  Looking forward to seeing the Esprit.  Which run are you booked on to?  We have a shorter, gentler 'Classic' run now which may suit you better.

On 07/04/2019 at 11:18, duncx said:

Been out this morning testing the Baslow run, checking that it 'flows' properly. Pleased to report that it's fantastic fun and flows beautifully on a mix of great roads, really enjoyed it 

Sorry to ask silly question but on the medium pace what is this generally defined in terms of speed or following the route ? 

Again sorry to ask daft question ? 

30 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

Sorry to ask silly question but on the medium pace what is this generally defined in terms of speed or following the route ? 

Again sorry to ask daft question ? 

Not a daft question at all, but it's quite difficult to give a clear answer because one man's brisk can easily be another man's slow!

What I can say is that the slow pace is not the same as granny driving to the shops and the medium pace is not the same as mum taking her kids to school. However, we must remember that the runs take place on public roads (early in the morning when traffic is very light) so we have to drive safely and we have to stay within the law. There is a short safety briefing at the start of the runs to remind everyone of this important point.

The system we operate will put you into a small group, max of 10 cars. Each driver in the group is responsible for showing the person immediately behind the correct way at junctions etc, but there is absolutely no pressure to 'keep up', you drive at the pace that is comfortable for you. If you are a bit slower than the person in front they will wait for you to catch up at each junction. Of course you have to do exactly the same for the person behind you, unless you are at the back of the group. This system works extremely well, each group leader knows the route and everyone else just follows at their own pace, simple as that!

The reason for slow/medium/brisk groups is just to try and put similar drivers together so that everyone has the most fun possible! You could put the slowest driver into the fastest group and the system would still work, but this would of course reduce the enjoyment of the faster drivers as they would have to wait quite a while at each junction for the slowest driver to catch up. 

If you are unsure I would pick a medium group, it's a great day out, the runs are great fun at any speed, I don't think you will be disappointed. :)

Cheers 

I just need to clear the double booking at the LiTP date and I will book on a medium route 

I am likely to staying over in chesterfield that weekend so I will meet on Sunday morning

thanks again 

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 14:55, deanb said:

Great to have you along Hopo!  Looking forward to seeing the Esprit.  Which run are you booked on to?  We have a shorter, gentler 'Classic' run now which may suit you better.

Na it was fine... just have to push the old girl. 80's esprit brakes are not quite up to the level of the exiges and elises that were everywhere. biggest issue I had was ground clearance in a lot of places.

Booked on the Baslow medium/moderate I think

• Like 1

Another quick reminder! Time is getting on, now only 3 weeks to go until the big event (weekend of 21/22/23 June), BUT .........

ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT TO BOOK YOUR PLACE!

The Friday BBQ and the Sunday morning runs are by advance bookings only and the list will be closing at midnight on Sunday 16th June - don't leave it too late folks, if you fancy joining us get booked in right now :thumbup:

https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/litpbooking/

Edited by duncx

On 07/04/2019 at 11:18, duncx said:

Just booked up and opted to go for medium Baslow run mainly as my partner lives in chesterfield so be easier to get to start point at the specified time.

i assume details of route times etc will be contained in the email due a few days before the actual event ? 

Be nice if I can get early warning as I am not sure about staying over the Saturday night only because my partner street is so narrow and difficult to park I might travel up the morning from Leicestershire which puts an extra hour ? 

Any advice will be greatly appreciated ?  It’s my first ever run in this type of event and only second lotus meet I have been too.

2 hours ago, Cdm2018 said:

Just booked up and opted to go for medium Baslow run mainly as my partner lives in chesterfield so be easier to get to start point at the specified time.

i assume details of route times etc will be contained in the email due a few days before the actual event ? 

Be nice if I can get early warning as I am not sure about staying over the Saturday night only because my partner street is so narrow and difficult to park I might travel up the morning from Leicestershire which puts an extra hour ? 

Any advice will be greatly appreciated ?  It’s my first ever run in this type of event and only second lotus meet I have been too.

Hi,

You are correct that the final details go out by global email to all of the participants - a couple of days after the bookings have closed on midnight Sunday 16th June.

However it's no secret that for the Ashbourne and Baslow routes you need to be at the start point for 7.10am at the latest on Sunday 23rd June. We then have 15 mins to organise everyone into their respective groups + 5 minutes for the safety briefing and then the first group leaves at 7.30am sharp.

Thanks for booking, hope you have a great time, be sure to say hello at some point :)