Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S2 Jps Restoration Process - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S2 Jps Restoration Process

Yes, I'm too busy those days, so I have not really much time to surf for this forum...

...the project is going on slowly...but don't worry guys...I'll keep posting pictures so you can see how is it going...

...I would love to have the car finished by next Le Mans Classic, but it's a bit tight...so will see...

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

Lotus Esprit S2 JPS #27 -restoration process-

• 2 months later...

So the engine is off the car now...

step by step things are moving on...really slow...but that's good to give me time to save some money ;)

DSC05477.jpg

DSC05488.jpg

DSC05490.jpg

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

Well, I had a long (and expensive) time holidays, including an endurance rally with the exige during one week, so I needed to fix few things before the start...and of course after finishing (new brake discs and pads) ;)

Saving money now for next year events where I want to be involved either with the Exige or the Esprit...

Of course Le Mans Classic, where I plan to have the Esprit ready to show off :yes

but there's also the Monaco Classic GP, again the Endurance Rally I did this year, Goodwood Revival or the Angouleme race weekend...etc etc...

...it's all about money...and time of course...

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

what a great car - I'd love to replicate this design for the 358 :welcome:

are these stripes available as a kit??

cimg5450vo9.jpg

the more I see thser early G cars the more I want one as my weekend runaround :welcome:

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Yes, you can get them at SJSportscars I think...

...but it should't be on a car wich is not an original JPS :welcome:

You can try to do a photoshop anyway to see how it looks!!! :welcome:

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

It's looking real good, Franky! :D Glad to see you are making progress!

- Tony

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Well, tis weekend was the called "Martini Legends" here in Barcelona, a revival of the Spanish F1 circuit at Monjuich (75 anniversary) where Emmerson Fittipaldi won with his JPS...

...so HE was there and so I was...ready with my JPS Steering wheel to be signed on by him as well as my Exige (as the JPS is still not moving)...

couple of pictures say a lot more than just words :)

IMG_4570.jpg

IMG_4571.jpg

A picture also with Clive Chapman

ML208.jpg

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

Well, tis weekend was the called "Martini Legends" here in Barcelona, a revival of the Spanish F1 circuit at Monjuich (75 anniversary) where Emmerson Fittipaldi won with his JPS...

...so HE was there and so I was...ready with my JPS Steering wheel to be signed on by him as well as my Exige (as the JPS is still not moving)...

couple of pictures say a lot more than just words :)

So cooooooooooooool B)

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

I'll post pictures of both signatures...I just realized I haven't got any!!! :)

...next time...when the Esprit is finished I'll try to get it signed also...and get it parked just close to the JPS F1 :)

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

As above really cool ,good luck with your JPS,i remember seeing one on a visit to london .i think it was at the Train station ,Also a guy from Exeter .devon England ,won one in a national competion .i also live in Exeter , Should have said the car at the station was one to win .Who knows it might be yours ,Cheers Mike

I'll post pictures of both signatures...I just realized I haven't got any!!! :P

...next time...when the Esprit is finished I'll try to get it signed also...and get it parked just close to the JPS F1 :innocent:

Hi Franky,

I am real jealous, nice JPS get the car running and signed please.

Chao,

Jean

wow - how cool is that - the great emme himself.. awesome

You need to put his racing number on next. [idea]

I think black with JPS inspired gold livery would be awesome on the 359 - is there any downside to black as a colour - -thermic transfer etc? You hear black is a non-no for race cars but then Lotus did it to good effect.. what about for an eduro car?

Is the JPS black a special code?

I wanted my bro-in-law to call his son Emmerson but he didn't :innocent:

IfI get 2 dogs I'll call them Emme and Fitti.. :P

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

• 5 weeks later...

WOW... that's about all I got.... but... WOW!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

the restoration goes on, so now I've got the engine rebuild :D (I'll post pictures shortly) and it's time for the gearbox...

The point is, I've got the Citroen gearbox, and I thought I had the Renault one...is this right? Or it means It's been creplaced? Wich one is best?

what do you think guys? there is any replacement gearbox to fit the Esprit S2 better then the actual one? Or there is any rebuild tips on the citroen one? I've seen a few things for the renault but not for mine :P

Any help will be well apreciated

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

Thanks for the reply Buddsy,

So I'll try to keep my actual gearbox and fix whatever it needs to...

where I can find spare parts if I need to? wich model of citroen is it coming from?

I think mine is looking not too bad now...so maybe it's just to get it ready to use in a propper condition :D

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all!!!

Don't have pictures yet, but all the mechanical are finished (almost) ...engine, gearbox, exhaust system, suspension, brakes, direction column, radiator rebuild and bigger, gold brake callipers B) , etc etc etc...

...now is time to install the new wiring loom all around...

This is a pain in the ass job, as I have not much information about how to install it...and will need all your help for that...

I've got a guy who is going to do it, but I'll need all instructions and recomendations on how to, as it's the first time he does an Esprit...

The wiring loom is new, from SJSportscars... (I allready emailed Steve asking for details about it) but any help will be wellcome...

Maybe someone who has done it and have a picture gallery showing it? That will help a lot!!! :)

It's been allready a year and a half and I'm starting to get impacient and want the car to be finish as soon as possible (I know there's still a lot to do...but you know...)

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Just a few pictures showing the new suspension on place...this are from a while ago...

n580632814_682427_1096.jpg

n580632814_701728_4552.jpg

n580632814_701726_9068.jpg

n580632814_701725_9419.jpg

Franky

Lotus Exige S2