Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
410s appearing everywhere! - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

410s appearing everywhere!

Stubox

On 20/05/2020 at 17:54, Stubox said:

Honestly the V6S , so the first one, rattled like a b’stard, around the passenger side roof area. 
And that’s it. None of the others rattled or squeaked (tho a belt squeaked when cold fine hot) no dash rattles, no funny suspension noises. They were all really very good.  Something I never tire in telling those who trot out the usual LOTUS acronym . Engines were oil tight etc ....the 410 is by far the best lump of the bunch , gear change power etc ...only thing it lacked (oddly) is torque , but once bobbing along above 5k it is quite lovely with a great note. It’s worth the etc pennies honestly .

Well no prizes for guessing which car I’ve got then! 

Do you know why they rattle a bit, and if it’s an easy fix?

It’s just that I’ll soon be in the position where I need to decide whether to keep the V6s and maybe pop some Nitrons + shift cables + forged wheels, or trade in for a 350/380/410 depending on what’s about. 

For me the 410/430 lump is perfect in the Exige as the lack of torque is masked by the lower weight compared to the Evora - tho I’m a lazy sod so don’t rev the nuts off them. Add the lack of heat soak, best gearchange and visuals, cheaper move to more power, etc etc then I’d personally go 410/430 . But it’s obviously a bigger out lay .

My rattling In the v6s was the roof and rear glazing. Sorted by dealer but repeated itself. Front ip got quite squeaky too and fixed with jamming some rubber spacers between it and front structure. But the others ... nothing. 

If you like the Exige experience , you’ll love the 410  ( tho always felt the 380 was best looking )

Edited by Bravo73

Black n gold

I was actually thinking maybe if I could pick up a 380 for low £50s, then TVS1900 it, I’d have the best of both worlds. 

And also a ‘sleeper’, if that’s possible in a lotus exige. But anyway, thanks for your responses I appreciate it. Hopefully you’ll be back in a lotus at some point. 

Edited by Bravo73

Surely you’d be better spending a bit more and getting a 410?

https://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/lotus-exige-410-sport/

Would end up costing about the same if you do things properly with a TVS1900. Plus the 410 supercharger can reach enough power and torque to max out the gearbox anyway. 

Edited by Bravo73

My advice would be to get a 410 if you can stretch to it. Then enjoy it as standard as it is a fantastic car. You can always go up to an EX490 kit in due course if you want more power and can save up.

If you can’t afford it, get a 350/380 and then either do EX460 kit if that is the max power you are ever likely to want/need (and in reality, it is) or go the full hog and do a CC TVS1900 kit if you are compensating for deficiencies in other life departments. I fall into the latter camp, obviously! ;)

Most importantly there is no wrong answer. These cars are all brilliant and have far far more similarities between models than differences.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Having owned a 380 prior to my 430, I would say save a bit more and try to stretch to a 410. 

It has all the added advances over the 380 and V6’s and as stated you can always up the power should you want to. 

Komotec have the EX475 bhp upgrade but you don’t need to spend on anything else really as 410 has it all out of the box

Hi, you need to look for colour code B142 , think they’re now painting C142 which is flatter with less fleck. @The Pits has the original MSG and B142 was pretty close.

Gratuitous Aston shots. Totally different obviously tho have to say their lightweight carbon seats are excellent (with electric adjustment...!?) 

3FA15119-9AF1-4471-AB3C-EDA7BEA63659.png

FA69B401-0116-41B2-BA49-EB3B7720C2E3.jpeg

EADE08F4-35F7-477C-A15F-4B99CBAD97C8.jpeg

9BE74B87-1905-4750-BED2-5DD7C7239876.jpeg

Edited by Bravo73

Black n gold