Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
3 eleven thinkings - 3-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

3 eleven thinkings

kotten

i have been thinking of this cars but have two questions.

1. is there any tonneau cover available for this cars? or this there any other good way to prevent water enter the tub?

2. i have a porsche cayman gt4 today, will i do a trade down? Anyone know the time on track, wich is fastest?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Lars

1. I don't believe so, you can see in this video...

and

2. Watch this video.

If a 3-Eleven is faster than a 918 Spyder, I'm pretty sure the GT4 isn't going to even be in the same ball park! 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

21 hours ago, kotten said:

i have been thinking of this cars but have two questions.

1. is there any tonneau cover available for this cars? or this there any other good way to prevent water enter the tub?

2. i have a porsche cayman gt4 today, will i do a trade down? Anyone know the time on track, wich is fastest?

Which track?  As @Bibs has shown at Hockenheim the 3-11 beats a 918 so pretty impressive and that wasn't even the fastest 3-11 Lotus would sell you!  They do the 430 too.... At the Nurburgrind the fastest recorded GT4 time is 7m 42s, for the 3-Eleven it is 7m 06s. That puts it ahead of the McLaren 720s (just) and Mercedes AMG GTR but behind the Porsche 918 ( 6m 57s).

Trade down? Well, that depends. Are you just meaning the driving (so the answer is no) or the comfort (so the answer is yes) or the convenience (the answer is yes) or the most fun (the answer is no)! Etcetera....

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Who knows Dave? I don't? But maybe the guy wants to keep his GT4 anyway. I'd like him to get a Lotus ;)

By the way your 3-11 looked and sounded superb at Blyton a few weeks back.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

18 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Who knows Dave? I don't? But maybe the guy wants to keep his GT4 anyway. I'd like him to get a Lotus ;)

By the way your 3-11 looked and sounded superb at Blyton a few weeks back.

👍👍

Certainly fun to drive enthusiastically on track😁😁😁

5 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Not sure you are correct...

The yellow 311 in the video has the sequential gearbox . so highly likely it also have the 'race' engine at about 460-460 bhp.

So in reality nothing like either of the two road versions

agree, that is not the road going 3-eleven

7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Which track?  As @Bibs has shown at Hockenheim the 3-11 beats a 918 so pretty impressive and that wasn't even the fastest 3-11 Lotus would sell you!  They do the 430 too.... At the Nurburgrind the fastest recorded GT4 time is 7m 42s, for the 3-Eleven it is 7m 06s. That puts it ahead of the McLaren 720s (just) and Mercedes AMG GTR but behind the Porsche 918 ( 6m 57s).

Trade down? Well, that depends. Are you just meaning the driving (so the answer is no) or the comfort (so the answer is yes) or the convenience (the answer is yes) or the most fun (the answer is no)! Etcetera....

i can live with the lack of Comfort, i only have my GT4 as a track weapon today so i am not looking for Comfort, navigation, radio, Electric windows etcetera. 🙂

I one thing i am concern of (and other with me i Believe) is the value of the car. I Think the dropping is much more on the 3-eleven and i also Think that the customer Group is more narrow the day you want to let the car go.

23 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

👍👍

Certainly fun to drive enthusiastically on track😁😁😁

do you have a 3-eleven 430? Have you compare it to a regular one?

Did you have Another performance cars and can do some comparasion?

8 hours ago, Bibs said:

Hi Lars

1. I don't believe so, you can see in this video...

I found it:
https://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=11814&MAK=1&MDL=57&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

1 hour ago, kotten said:

I one thing i am concern of (and other with me i Believe) is the value of the car. I Think the dropping is much more on the 3-eleven and i also Think that the customer Group is more narrow the day you want to let the car go.

Not sure about depreciation being an issue, but for sure there is a narrower market for the car as (1) it is a niche track focused performance car with no roof and (2) it is not as common as a Porsche so not everyone knows about it or is willing to accept the compromises to live with it.

I know you drive your GT4 on the track hard, but a lot of them are just used to pose with down the local beer hall / pub or in the golf club car park.

The small print.