Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of the Evora in the USA - Page 11 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of the Evora in the USA

Ccd

15 hours ago, Julian73 said:

I don't know how you see Ohlins in that video, your angle of shot is not even the same.  So no they are not producing marketing material with the Ohlins.

I have seen the suspension on that car because I personally saw the car featured in the video at Hethel.  When I want the full story. I get away from my computer. Sit on a airplane and then drive to the factory in England.It's not hard to figure out that I was being deceived by LotusUSA. The video in question is deceiving because of the angle of the car.  It is to hide that it's really a 400 Evora. Not as what the rest of the world knows as a GT Evora model from Lotus. The truth is all about the original intent of how they were going to sell the car.  It would be reassuring to owners if they came clean and offered the correct parts and pricing. But they won't!  You can do it too. It's only a 7000 mile trip! 

So my point: The car was intended to have Ohlins but they changed the spec after they took my money and signed order agreement. 

Lotus HQ: “OK everybody, we’ve successfully pulled a fast one on Ken. Now that we have his money, let’s change the specs. That way we can make a fool out of this guy and achieve our corporate goals!”   🙆‍♂️

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

NedaSay:

I hope you are right about the new car.  Always loved the Exige.  Make it a bit more refined, keep the removable roof and make the trunk big enough to actually be useful, and Lotus could have a winner on its hands

5 hours ago, ken2020 said:

I have seen the suspension on that car because I personally saw the car featured in the video at Hethel.  When I want the full story. I get away from my computer. Sit on a airplane and then drive to the factory in England.It's not hard to figure out that I was being deceived by LotusUSA. The video in question is deceiving because of the angle of the car.  It is to hide that it's really a 400 Evora. Not as what the rest of the world knows as a GT Evora model from Lotus. The truth is all about the original intent of how they were going to sell the car.  It would be reassuring to owners if they came clean and offered the correct parts and pricing. But they won't!  You can do it too. It's only a 7000 mile trip! 

So my point: The car was intended to have Ohlins but they changed the spec after they took my money and signed order agreement. 

Oh get over it all ready, they didn't want our downpayment and signed order until the end of February, while it was common knowledge from Lotus USA even last year that the car would not come with Ohlins or j-hook discs.  Most European customers were probably not too excited by the  11,000 mile/24 month Ohlins rebuild maintance cycle, and Lotus probably weren't happen with warranty claims on track car parts used on a vehicle promoted as 'street car', not a 'cup' car; so it wasn't just us in the US to never get then, but also the ROW had then deleted as standard.  Was also common knowledge that we would get Sparco GT seats (w/side air bags), non cf front bumper as US did not accept the substitution without crash testing .. it didn't need to take a trip to Hethel to find this out, although I have gone to Hethel before to try and work out details on a prior custom order.  

Actually what happen later was we were informed without front 430 bumper and splitter we could not have the GT wing due to the aero imbalance, but they were going to crash test car to try.  Low speed (parking lot) no damage tolerance tests failed, thus car was offered without bumper and wing at an effective $13,500 price drop factoring in different handling of some std/optional parts such as external CF bits.

If you want the car buy it, if you don't  .. then stop whining, it is still a good price deal.  I worked up that if I ordered a GT configured with my 410 interior, wheels, Ti exhaust, etc. I would have saved $61 and still got the GT's more powerful engine, hd clutch, cf rear bumper, cf a-panels, cf GT seat, lwt door panels .. a great deal for a hair under $130k. If only I didn't have a sorted 410,  with boosted engine, factory cf a-panels .. I would jump again for this and I promote it as a great deal for a Series 1, 400 or Porsche owner.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ccd said:

My mistake.  I thought the GT was the 2020 car as it will most likely be a MY2020 car

The GT is a 2020 car, however that extract from an e-mail to me was at that bottom part after the GT discussion.

The Evora GT comes from 420hp or 416bhp so that is roughly the 410 tune tweaked for EPA  I guess, but the MSRP is interesting 96k + delivery that's only 75k in GBP and the car is fully loaded and it does look racy

attachment.php?attachmentid=1233472&stc=

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NedaSay said:

The Evora GT comes from 420hp or 416bhp so that is roughly the 410 tune tweaked for EPA  I guess, but the MSRP is interesting 96k + delivery that's only 75k in GBP and the car is fully loaded and it does look racy

As I've been told it is configured for US general market at 422 Hp US (same tune as UK 430 but with losses due to 3rd Cat) and 416 Hp for California CARB.  Dealer have all the pricing info on options/standard equipment, but suffice to say when price was dropped $21k some prior standard equipment became optional, for example I understand the carbon pack is now $10k  (for roof, front access hatch, rear hatch & differed surround).  I know this was standard equipment on my Sport 410 but then my base MSRP was $109k + delivery plus still an extra $17k in options, 2 years ago.

• Like 1

So yup the car is a good deal. The price drop does coincide with the realization that the front bumper could not be fitted without crash testing.  All these decision were made before Geely signed on the dotted line, I want to believe they made the right call based on the circumstances they were in back then. rehomologation of the car with the bumper would be costly and time consuming.

Edited by NedaSay

Solution found, since money is no object and you like to fly to the UK on a whim (me personally,  I try to minimize my travel time .. there was 1 year I went to China 12 times, Singapore, Hong Kong, Middle East 3 times, plus a few trips to UK and Norway), just purchase a Euro spec GT430 , garage it at some track and fly over on week ends to drive it.  That way you get to drive the "Real Thing".

The car is turnkey!

We all get it......Lotus made a “mistake”.....mine is coming in August and I already have the OEM Euro spec front bumper and rear wing and will be installed as soon as I get the keys! 

I am only adding them because I like the GT 430 look and no other reason! Get the options and move on!

Celebrate we have a US GT!

“www.deroure.com” for those who want the OEM bumper and wing in the US! Ain’t cheap but it ain’t about the money now is it!

oh yes, it will run you about $13,000.00 door to door more or less! 

Edited by KG
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The Pits said:

Highest spec Evora available anywhere in the world currently.

My best guess is, based on what they did with the Esprit, that this is also a preview of the next year's run-out final edition Evora. Makes sense for the final Evora to go out with the 430 motor and vents, basically a version of the wingless GT430 SPORT. Also might explain why there's only a 410 Evora currently.

......if you do not count in the bunch of (unfortunately) unsold 430ies hanging around at the dealers o n l y

5 hours ago, The Pits said:

Highest spec Evora available anywhere in the world currently.

My best guess is, based on what they did with the Esprit, that this is also a preview of the next year's run-out final edition Evora. Makes sense for the final Evora to go out with the 430 motor and vents, basically a version of the wingless GT430 SPORT. Also might explain why there's only a 410 Evora currently.

So from what's been told on the Lotus talk forum, the car is a 416 bhp in California due to their CARB regulations but will get 422 bhp in the rest of the US and Canada. Not quite the 436 bhp of the 430 but close. You are thinking about a swan song version of the car next year but won't  Lotus want to focus all eyes on the next sport car next year? 

So who among us is going to be the first to attempt to remove those rear bumper stops on the sides of the license plate? They don’t look as bad as they do when they’re stuck on some exotics-Bugatti Chiron and the new Aston Martin Vantage come to mind, but I still think they’re an eyesore. I wonder how easy they are to remove.

Also, that is the best view of this car by far. So glad I did the Carbon Pack.  

7088AABD-AA8F-4640-BF12-7EFB581E251C.jpeg

• Like 1

Oh, for the love of Lucifer what the flying fook are these things and what the hell are they doing totally ruining the rear of an Evora?  Jeez, what with bloody bicycle reflectors on all four corners thanks to bloody US rules this is really the biscuit....

image.png.a82fdc3b07a74239396c32c1d9b0dae5.png

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Afternoon,

We're excited to receive the GT in the US! 

$96,950 + $1,995 destination

Many options come standard over the previous Evora 400!

0-60 mph // 3.8 manual
0-60 mph // 3.9 auto

The following items come as standard:

416bhp (CARB)
6-speed manual with LSD
Baffled sump
Carbon sills
Carbon instrument binnacle
New aero vents above front wheels
New aero A-panels
New carbon fiber rear end
Lightweight 10-spoke forged (10.5" rear) wheels
Carbon Seat backs
Black Pack
Rear stone guards in black
Bilstein sports dampers
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 XL
Cruise Control
Reversing Camera
Premium Infotainment with Apple Car Play
Revised lightweight interior

EVORA SILVER / BLACK W/ RED STRIPE SEATS - 6-SPEED MANUAL - COMING SOON!

ISOTOPE GREEN / BLACK W/ BLACK STRIPE SEATS - 6-SPEED MANUAL - COMING SOON!

If you would like more information or would like to commission your own Evora GT, please contact info@GatorMotorsport.com

@C8RKH

Per the most recent technical service bulletin for Fed cars:

Rear-Bumper Over-Riders

Because of the rear restyled carbon fibre rear bumper, rear bumper over-riders are fitted to meet Federal requirements.  2 polypropylene foam blocks, fitted into ABS plastic covers are bonded onto both sides of an aluminum bracket, which in turn is fixed into position onto the license plate area of the rear bumper. 

11 minutes ago, brian.s.henry said:

@C8RKH

Per the most recent technical service bulletin for Fed cars:

Rear-Bumper Over-Riders

Because of the rear restyled carbon fibre rear bumper, rear bumper over-riders are fitted to meet Federal requirements.  2 polypropylene foam blocks, fitted into ABS plastic covers are bonded onto both sides of an aluminum bracket, which in turn is fixed into position onto the license plate area of the rear bumper. 

Wowser. So you take those off and you have some lovely bracket holes in that carbon. Nice one :cry:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!