Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Supercar Sunday... - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Supercar Sunday...

Iain

Great to meet many of you today :lol:

By my reconing there were 35 Esprits at one point...

Martin - thanks for the company/convoy on the way...

Tentenths - great to meet you...

Simon - what can I say... We'll thanks for the paint tips - and for allowing me to take pictures of one of the Worlds most famous Esprits without charging royalties!! Oh - and there are quite a few Lambo pics for you - link below :yes

Dodgy - good luck with your car!

Dermot - thanks for arranging...

And everyone else!!

I think we did the Esprit proud - pity we didn't get everyone into the arena - would have shown the TVR boys up! :huh:

Anyways - I've posted some pix up on Flickr for anyone that wants to see them - with a few highligts below... If you get to the pics of my car on the driveway - then baby pics - you've gone too far. I'm too much of a cheapskate to upgrade my account to have a separate directory :rofl:

560260406_2defdfbff6_o.jpg

560255410_3f69915d38_o.jpg

560254902_954053fcbe_o.jpg

560251558_68067406e0_o.jpg

560250326_aa2fb4c59d_o.jpg

560663133_62a410efc6_o.jpg

560247446_9a221a9eb5_o.jpg

Have fun!

Iain

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Danny,

Pity you couldn't be there - yours is one of the cars I want to see sometime :huh:

Iain

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

here are some pics of an excellent day :huh:

firstly Graham picked me up in his lovely Yellow V8 :lol:

IMG_0904.jpg

some shots from a passengers point of view for a change...

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

the next pic would have been yours outside the pub Iain, but it looks just like the one you posted :rofl:

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Hiya Dodgy - great action shots!

Particularly like the side on one's - with the blurred wheels - very evocative! :lol:

I'm hoping someone will post some pics of us in the arena - hopefully not one of me trying to re-start my car after she stalled - I'm told she belched smoke :huh:

Iain

ok, and now for the others :huh:

nice Lancia HF

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

in the arena with Iain, big Si and Simon for an interview

img_0942b.jpg

the gazebo was supplyed by that very nice bloke superDAVElotus :rofl:

IMG_0943.jpg

well after a little longer drive home than expected (nasty accident on M/way)

Graham dropped me off at home

IMG_0958.jpg

overall, a good day , and still eating the water buffalo now :lol:

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Aww they're lovely piccies Iain - I like the one you took of Grahams (GKP) Esprit. Those were in the days when it was working.

Graham has just given me a call - he is sat at the side of the A34 with no Turbo, or at least, it's a different shape to when he started out. Lots of smoke apparently! I guess he'll be home quite late then.

LouX

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

Aww they're lovely piccies Iain - I like the one you took of Grahams (GKP) Esprit. Those were in the days when it was working.

Graham has just given me a call - he is sat at the side of the A34 with no Turbo, or at least, it's a different shape to when he started out. Lots of smoke apparently! I guess he'll be home quite late then.

LouX

Bu**er - sorry to hear that! :huh:

Dropping like flies atm (iain touches wood...)

Hi Iain,

Didn't get to meet you but nice piccy of my S2. Thanks!

Didn't realise anyone was going to the RING but managed a quick piccy, sorry it's a bit distant!

DSCF1755.jpg

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Hi Iain,

Didn't get to meet you but nice piccy of my S2. Thanks!

Didn't realise anyone was going to the RING but managed a quick piccy, sorry it's a bit distant!

Hiya Pete - am sure we'll meet up at some point!

Thanks for the pic - proves my brake lights work! :yes

Loved your car - very nice! If I ever have the money I'd love a decent S1 or S2...

560669793_d8de03d333_o.jpg

Edited by Iain

well i just got in, it was my first ever supercar sunday and it was fantastic, even the point to where i made simon stand up in front of the whole event and explain what went on with the car and the rebuild etc!!!

i spent the previous 2 days cleaning and polishing her, heres the finished rear fins painted and polished

DSCN5187.jpg

the drive up was nice and smooth she performed without fail or grumble, the throttle is featherlight now and doesnt take much to go into warp drive :huh: .

when we got to frankley we were the first ones there and food and a cuppa tea were all that was on my mind!

however seeing as a breakfast was almost

Great day out.

Good to catch up with everyone again as well.

Good 'tent and table' from Dave as well.

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

First of all, a big thanks to Dave (of the Super variety) to letting my go as passenger with him in his V8. Good conversation there and back and nice to see how the 8-pot goes. Also his idea of the gazeebo and chairs was top. Nice to meet everyone again including some new faces.

We all got there nice and early at Gaydon but I think we porbably need to have an offline NMEG meet about convoy ettiquette. I am not sure how Matk's S2 made it with out going ouch! Maybe spilt into the Captain slow brigade and the exscuse me Esprit coming through brigade! Well maybe a topic for another thread. The only reason I say it as a passenger you have time to notice these things more.

Lots of nice exoctics there, like BigSi the Lambo bit was good.

Here are a selection of my Pics from the Day.

PICT1201.jpg

PICT1203.jpg

PICT1204.jpg

PICT1213.jpg

PICT1207.jpg

PICT1218.jpg

PICT1221.jpg

PICT1222.jpg

PICT1230.jpg

PICT1210.jpg

PICT1231.jpg

Alex,

Valid concerns.

How about an NMEG meet, sort of EGM where anyone can come along have a say about anything NMEG related. Perhaps over coffee at the Little Thief in Whitchurch?

Apologies for hijacking this thread.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Alex,

Valid concerns.

How about an NMEG meet, sort of EGM where anyone can come along have a say about anything NMEG related. Perhaps over coffee at the Little Thief in Whitchurch?

Apologies for hijacking this thread.

Graham.

Good idea, I will start anaother thread.

i have to say i had a great day there and the drive back was... well... spirited.. t the point i had my first case of brake fade, things sorted themselves out after a while though.

home safely now.

He He He....!!!!!

Was a good drive back, eventually, after we turned around and went the right way on the M40...!!!! LOL

Who needs an Esprit for SPIRITED cross country driving....!!!! LOL

Was good to see you trying to keep up as well..... :lol: although Dad kept saying.... "Wheres he gone again?????" :huh::lol:

Thanks to Phil for taking my Dad for a spin.... he had a great Fathers day partly thanks to all you guys for making him welcome in the group......

He kept going on at me all day and on the way home that I NEED to get mine sorted so we can go in it togeather next year.... bless..... We Loves you dad.... xx :heart:

Noticed I managed to sneak the Vectra in the very end of one of the convoy shots.... thanks guys for letting me sneak in..... LOL

Simon your a git for making me get up and talk...... Luckily as I'm so damn pretty, nobody was listening to what I was saying they were just looking into my eyes........

Felt great telling hundreds of people that you cry like a baby..... :rofl::huh:

Just got off the phone to Graham, he's home safe n well.... and just a little more skint...!!!!

Good to see you all again guys n gals..... remembered a few more people this time 2....!!!!!

Simon

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Well it was lovely to see everyone again. Just so Dave doesn't feel left out Graham wasn't the only one with a David Bailey type passenger...

IMG_0991.jpg

NMEG on the move

IMG_1004.jpg

NMEG on the run off the M40 into Gaydon

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Glad you all had a great day, what is that thing on the back of Grahams norfolk custard machine? not a wing...? on a V8 GT shame on you...

seriously car looks good G , can I borrow it when you go of camping...............................

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Made it home eventually! (I've been back for about an hour thanks to a speedy recovery by the AA bloke - thumbs up to them, the car was on the low loader within 45 mins of phoning.) Not too fussed about self destructing turbo, coz I've looking longingly at PUK's uprated one for a while.....

You should've seen the smoke, though! :huh: I called the AA because I thought I was going to be a shipping hazzard! Russ Swift had nothing on me......

My turbo smoking:

1038.jpg

Russ Swift doing donuts:

1042.jpg

Splendid day out, though. I did like the EB110 so here's yet another piccie of it!

1027.jpg

Glad you made it back ok Graham, was just gonna call Louise and ask if she needed any company!!

Sy, like the Louvres on the back. Nice job mate.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer