Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gearbox oil fill amount - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Gearbox oil fill amount

I’ve read all the advice on filling the c35 with 3l of oil over the recommended 2.25l the factory recommend but can anyone tell me how much oil would be in the box when the cars on the ground and the fill/level plug removed and oil is at that level? I’m trying to work out how much to add to make the total 3l as a top up

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be 2.25L in the 'box when level.(Slow drip out of the proper bolt on the side)

So, add another 0.75L. (Simple? Not if you suffer from Math Anxiety) 😵

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

34 minutes ago, CarBuff said:

Should be 2.25L in the 'box when level.(Slow drip out of the proper bolt on the side)

So, add another 0.75L. (Simple? Not if you suffer from Math Anxiety) 😵

This is what I had assumed but you know what they say about assumptions! Cheers I’ll do exactly that