Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My 380 Sport with TVS1900 - Page 7 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

My 380 Sport with TVS1900

2 hours ago, 550superfast said:

Did you guys have you engine bay cut a bit to fit the kit?

I take it you are referring to the TVS1900 install? The early non-cc version was designed to fit the Exige engine bay. For the Evora the bodywork needed to be trimmed slightly for pulley clearance.

SSC re-designed the intake manifold so clearance was enabled in the Evora without further modification. I waited for this version before ordering the kit for my Evora. I'm not sure if the CC version will fit an Evora though.

No trimming of the bodywork needed. Glad yours fits better, mine is definitely out of alignment - see the pic.

The chargecooler can only bolt to one place so its definitely not a mistake with the fitting. Once the spacer is made up it will all line up. Just glad 24-7 noticed it, they could have easily let me drive away, just for it to snap 100 miles down the road. 

TVS Komotec CC alignment.jpg

24-7 figured out why it was so dam loud....the rear silencer has absolutely no sound proofing material in it. They opened it up and its basically a straight through pipe. The theory is that due to the lamda wiring being fried, the fuelling was so rich that its burnt all the silencer material away. Rather than a new backbox, (which will take a while to arrange) the existing valved 380 box is being repacked at 24-7 to stop me from going deaf.

All thats left now is to source and fit a new supercharger belt, oil change, geo and carbon side scoops fitted, MOT and one last run on the dyno and then its mine again. Cannot wait, 24-7 have been brilliant, Phil has spotted stuff that would have caused me issues later on, and from looking at the dyno SCS have done a good job on the tune. 

• Like 2

On 25/11/2020 at 12:31, steveoexige said:

The theory is that due to the lamda wiring being fried, the fuelling was so rich that its burnt all the silencer material away. Rather than a new backbox, (which will take a while to arrange) the existing valved 380 box is being repacked at 24-7 to stop me from going deaf.

I saw that post on Facebook too....  There is NO packing material in the OEM box; nothing has been burned away 😉

On 25/11/2020 at 09:31, tim_marra said:

I take it you are referring to the TVS1900 install? The early non-cc version was designed to fit the Exige engine bay. For the Evora the bodywork needed to be trimmed slightly for pulley clearance.

SSC re-designed the intake manifold so clearance was enabled in the Evora without further modification. I waited for this version before ordering the kit for my Evora. I'm not sure if the CC version will fit an Evora though.

I was referring to the install of a non cooled SSC TVS1900 kit that was now being added to with Komo-tec EX500 hardware. As I think @steveoexige and I have similar hardware installed (exception is exhaust).

On 27/11/2020 at 20:01, steveoexige said:

453bhp and 387 ft lbs at 6.5 psi...it's increased since the exhaust fettling, new belt and running it to a 7k rpm instead of the daft 6.8k rpm the OEM 380 is blessed with. 

I'm over the moon with that bearing in mind that's on the ultra conservative SCS dyno. 

Screenshot_20201129-111301_Messenger.jpg

Its well within the safe range bearing in mind the extra ECU control, as well as knock control and detection. The fact it is now charge cooled also helps massively. 

As far as the mapping goes, the guys at SCS are extremely conservative with their timing, AFR, etc. They won't sanction me running a smaller pulley even though I'm now chargecooled and despite Komotec running higher boost than mine with all their tunes.

Thanks for this info. Just don't understand why you would the AFRs to go up after 6.4k.  "In the old days" running lambda 0.86 (providing I read your graph ok) on pump gas means an AFR of 12.64:1 at 7k rpm... for me that is close to piston melting territory on any boosted engine and too much out of the "comfort zone" (11.5-12:1 or abouts on a boosted application).  Wouldn't say that is a conservative map re. AFR's.  But what do I know 😉

I am sure your tuner knows what he's doing and that they checked the exhaust gas temps.  Good to read this kind of stuff.  Thanks!

Edited by Kristof Thys
  • Like 1

@Kristof Thys--I agree, but as you said....what do I know?  :) 

• Like 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Glad to hear your thoughts guys. To play safe I've asked SCS and 24-7 for their thoughts and will report back.

Whatever their feedback, the previous lambda readings read like  the engine was drowning fuel....unreal.

• Like 1

No critism whatsoever, just want to understand some things and more important for you to to have a super experience. As you are, together with some others on here, pioneering in pushing the 2gr-fe engine further. Just needs to be safe. Please share the SCS/24-7 views. 👍