Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Colchester New Addition V8 Esprit! - Page 2 - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Colchester New Addition V8 Esprit!

CockneyPlayboy

all of u r lucky, cheapest complete insurence for lotus (1990) in CZ is 85000CZK (about 1900GBP) per year!!!!

I'm lucky : I pay around 350 EURO all in, not limited whatsoever

Taxes around 450 EURO

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well she's sitting proudly on my driveway now... PI$$ED it down with rain all the way (think its the first time its seen rain!!) so took it easy most of the way.

Just one point for concern... the Oil pressure guage seems to be titting fairly low, and on idle in only just out of the red zone which cant be that good, let alone for a 23k miler?? Then it only moves to the first notch when normal driving. I have the full warranty on it so there is no immediate panic but i'm guessing this could be a concern for the oil pump perhaps or a dodgy sender??

But I love the car... its nothing short of awesome! Kinds in the street giving the thumbs up treatment and staring as it goes by, admiring looks from the other drivers (even if they do try to do it on the sly!!).

Bottom line I think Im gonna love Lotus ownership!

Edited by CockneyPlayboy
Sale-Strip22222.jpg

We are looking at getting something together this Sunday night,see also the thread in spotted .

So far suggestions are Chappel,the Peldon Rose which has a good car park or the Whalebone at Fingerinhoe ( great car park )

Looks like 1 in 10 people in Essex own an Esprit !!!

Rich

wow. more esprit's in the area!

I'm about 25mins from Colchester.

and to answer your other question, I use mine as my daily drive. Cost me a fortune but I love it.

Will

Well if any of you fancy hooking up over the weekend my number is 07770 967313. Like I say, as long as its not evenings Im all good although I think the weather is supposed to be a bit khazi!!!

Sale-Strip22222.jpg

What amazes me is that so many of you Essex boys can write enough to post on here!! :beer:

Unlike them Norfolk boys, as their moms taught em whilst they were in bed!! :wallbash:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

What amazes me is that so many of you Essex boys can write enough to post on here!! :harhar:

Unlike them Norfolk boys, as their moms taught em whilst they were in bed!! :lol:

Steady now, or we'll all move up to Narfuk, take all your jobs and make housing unaffordable.

No, wait a minute.. :coffee: ..we did that at the end of the 80's? :thumbsup: Darn, you should have kept the border patrol at Scole, you know.......

And welcome Paul. Theres something very right about your surname and having a Lotus...

Definately. DeAngelis is a great Lotus name. Goes as well as Scott Speed being in F1 (Shame he's not a better driver!)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Definately. DeAngelis is a great Lotus name. Goes as well as Scott Speed being in F1 (Shame he's not a better driver!)

Oh yeah, y'know I never thought about that! lol

What a great forum and some relly helpful peeps here! Looking forward to meeting you all, especially the 'Essex Contingent!' lol

Sale-Strip22222.jpg

Never knew we had so many Essex boys on here. So how come it's only ever me and James (tentenths) travelling in convoy to events?

(Actually Will and Ben (WillIves and Lemoncurd) came along once as well!

Paul, In case you see them on the road here's a couple of pics of some local Esprits:

Ben

IMGP2722.jpg

Will

IMGP2711.jpg

James

IMGP2932.jpg

Kimbers

pinky.jpg

Never knew we had so many Essex boys on here. So how come it's only ever me and James (tentenths) travelling in convoy to events?

You shouldn't be surprised, most of the smarter 'essex boys' of the early 80's aspired to Lotus ownership of one form or another - I certainly did - something to do with the Ford heritage of the area.

tis true seen you at many meets..

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Hi Paul & Welcome,

That's a lovely V8 - I've always had a soft spot for yellow ones - maybe it's because Ive got a beautiful 1:18 scale one in yellow on my shelf at home.

I'm just down the A12 from you (I live in chelmsford and regularly drive to work in Witham in my V8). This place must be the Esprit capital of the UK!

Hi Paul & Welcome,

That's a lovely V8 - I've always had a soft spot for yellow ones - maybe it's because Ive got a beautiful 1:18 scale one in yellow on my shelf at home.

I'm just down the A12 from you (I live in chelmsford and regularly drive to work in Witham in my V8). This place must be the Esprit capital of the UK!

That means you are literally down the road from me worktimes.... I'm only in Braintree! lol

The car is going into sinclairs thursday for its big checkover..... If I have it back for the weekend then I'm up for meeting any of you guys in the area

Sale-Strip22222.jpg