Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Exige Sport 410. - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New Exige Sport 410.

alscar

Hi All,

Just ordered via Silverstone - test drove the 350 ( great fun but didn't feel too scary )  then man maths dictated that I would want to spec that up to within not that much more to a 410 - I have both carbon and alcantara fetishes ! Manged to get the already built stock list from Lotus and went for Riviera Blue with yellow calipers and yellow interior pack plus most other options.Had just sold my Porsche 997 GT3 ( owned from new also in Riviera ) so the Lotus 410 seemed a great replacement idea in every way.Car is for weekend fun and will sit alongside an Aston GT8  - nice contrast.

Am aiming to pick up 01 Sept so any advice as to whether I need to have PPF or just rely on the Ceramic coating ( Gtechniq Platinum ) both offered by Silverstone would be most welcome/ appreciated.I've never had PPF on any car previously ( other than the exposed sills on the GT8 ) but realise the Exige is somewhat nearer the ground.

Look forward to meeting some of you - I'm in North Bucks.

Al

10113 1.JPG

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congratulations amazing colour, you'll never lose that in a car park! Sport 410 is a great package and fast factory car with a warranty beats aftermarket tuning for me every time.

I would personally go with PPF on the nose. Full nose is worth it for me as you won't see the join and you have more peace of mind. With mud guards the sides of the car should be well protected. Whole car PPF is a bit OTT and not necessary. I am yet to be convinced by any ceramic coating, they don't seem to offer much protection in my experience. Modern PPF such as Xpel Ultimate is much better than it used to be, clearer, doesn't yellow and does a good job of preventing most stone chips. There are thicker PPF films available which probably offer even better protection but the finish isn't as good. Exiges are prone to stone chips and being a single piece front clam design a front respray will probably cost just as much as the PPF, if not more.

Let us know how you get on. Hope you enjoy every mile! 👍

Welcome to TLF Al and congratulations on the 410. As Jonny said, PPF on the front of the car is prudent and I've friends whose business is fitting XPEL, they apply it to some very high end cars and it comes with some solid warranties and other benefits such as the lack of swirls from washing as it self heals. 

https://www.supercarpaintprotection.com

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Alistair. :welcome: 

Great colour. Look forward to seeing it once you have the tape and everything off it.

If you have any questions or difficulties with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Thanks chaps  - car has now been delivered to Silverstone so went to look in the flesh - very very pleased with the spec.At the moment after talking with them thinking full front half way up clam plus sills etc for PPF then Ceramic on everything else. They were against full bonnet PPF given issues they had seen on previous fittings. I suppose I could get A pillars and mirror backs done but then its the usual question of where do u stop ?

I had a half front on my Exige but could always see the line. Went full front on the Evora and happier with it. Unfortunately it won't stop all stone chips but after 17k miles and many trackdays in my Exige V6 Cup the paint was in great shape overall.

Skip to 3.50 if you just want to see the part about stone chips.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoyed mine. Fantastic car in (just about) every respect.

• 3 weeks later...