Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Elise pricing - New Zealand - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Elise pricing

AlexM

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alex,

Only just noticed your question, so very sorry for the delay! It's a fairly difficult one to answer without a little more info on the specific model, spec, extras, etc.

Personally I would have thought in high $40k's to low $50k's as a best guess. 

@David in NZ Do you have a better idea on prices?

Rich Miles - Social Media Coordinator - Club Lotus New Zealand

www.clublotus.org.nz 
CLNZ Facebook Page Here
CLNZ YouTube Channel Here

I concur. 

Good question, @AlexM. Things to watch for:

• original tyres will no longer be satisfactory, because of age, not tread wear. 
  • original radiator has plastic side tanks that can split at an inopportune moment (ask me how I know).

They are a great choice. Did you find one? 

warmly,
David

Hi All, 

I did end up finding one! Unfortunately It's got a small minor leak in the radiator so will need to get that sorted.... What did you replace your's with? what was the approx. cost of the entire replacement? Thank-you!

Its a 2011 lotus Elise with carbon fiber interior panels and an additional rear wing. Only 5k on the clock!

Hi Alex, Congrats on the car! Sounds like a nice one too!

The radiator is a 'known issue' and I would say we all end up replacing them at some point. I had mine done representatively when fixing something else that involved removing the front clam.

I went with this one from Elise parts https://www.eliseparts.com/shop/engine-br-gearbox/cooling/aluminium-upgraded-radiator/ check it fits your car first (the site shows model compatibility).

But there is a cheaper aluminium one on there which will probably do the job perfectly also. The upgraded one runs my car 1-2 degrees cooler but more importantly the temp is more consistent now also. It gives me peach of mind. Don't be tempted by the triple pass one because they're not designed for sitting in traffic (unless its a heavy duty track car i guess).

Cost: you're looking at the part, shipping, and then 2-3hours labour clam removal, not sure how much for the job specifically sorry, because i had other things done. But at that point its probably a standard rad replacement.

The only other thing to be aware of is does your car have the optional twin oil coolers? they need to be removed when removing the clam and they are often seized oil meaning the fixings break and you need to replace them at the same time.