Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Cars 23rd September 2007 - Lotus Factory '40 years of Production' Day - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Cars 23rd September 2007

Just spotted a mail on a few of the Yahoo groups, looked at the Club Lotus site, and here's the text from their page.

Group Lotus Club day at Hethel - 23rd September

Group Lotus is celebrating 40 years of production at Hethel on Sunday September 23rd and all Club Lotus members are invited.

There will be a loads of things to do and see including technical forums, factory tours, engineering displays, and lots more. The day has been planned for some time and it promises to be one to remember and definitely not to be missed.

Classic Team Lotus will have several of their delectable F1 cars on track and Lotus Sport will also be demonstrating the GT3 and the Exige 265E. The 2-Eleven will also be along with, we're told, some 'surprises'.

Sunday 23rd September is the date for your diary.

Tickets are

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definitely go for this, 23rd of Sept is a Sunday BTW, so we shouldn't be distracting the workers this time :(

will be booking tomorrow ( sorry---- later today when they are open :) )

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Until we have an official invite andy, you're a bit premature as it's a club day. Dodgy, don't book till we have a deal.

For some reason we seem to have been overlooked, I'm working on it right now, please be patient.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Iam CL member so Iam OK. I will go to this Iam sure!

I'm also a member, but I think I'll wait, the more of us that are nterested and aren't CL members the bigger the reason they should invite LEF members.

Good work Kimbers.

Yep, that was my point. Dave, we have a large contingent here that I'm sure will go. To be frank, I was a bit shocked that we were overlooked in the first place, especially as last time Bibs and Me were involved in the organisation and got nearly 100 Esprits there. I spoke to the old man yesterday and he was shocked that we didn't know about it as it was because of our last event that the idea for this one came up!!

I would also start looking at hotels in the area (again my suggestion would be wymondham, hethersett) as I suspect this will be a big event.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Can I come and play?

Can I come and play?

Pleeeze... :(

I'll clean up after me - promise!

I too am Club Lotus - but will go with whats been said - rather wait and see the power of LEF :)

<iain makes note to book fathers and stepmothers spare room in norwich>

Iain

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

I'll be up for a trip home for this one (if they let us in!)

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

What i want to know is why our friends from over the pond will come to this but not my birthday 3 weeks before? :w00t:

Hrumph! Know who my friends are!! :P

Sorry Kimbers...

Did I miss something?

Party? :P

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

It's simple Kimbers, you have 2 chioces.

You officially move your birthday, bit like the ruling monarch, one on the day of birth and an official one.

Or

You celebrate being ** + 3weeks (I didn't feel mean enough to remind you that you will be over 40 by the time of the Lotus event). OOPS I just think I did.

Andy

I am in club lotus and the official Lotus Club International and this is the first I have heard of this event

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Because NMEG doesn't having anything more pressing that weekend, I guess the most active Esprit group in the country, MIGHT just about be persuaded to pop along :book:

We quite like these annual jaunts to the Factory............... :w00t:

Yippppeeee bring it on, big hotel, big drinks and very big smiles :P

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Sorry Kimbers...

Did I miss something?

Party? :P

Yep,

Event of the century (well a damned good piss up and a laugh...maybe a blue brothers/Commitments style band)

http://www.glcforum.com/esprit/forums/inde...?showtopic=9539

For some of this:

IMGP2893.jpg

This (How Rude!!)

IMGP2892.jpg

Some of this

IMGP2625-1.jpg

Loads of this

Lastnightdrinks.jpg

drinks.jpg

All welcome.

Thats a lovely photo of you , Simon (350s variety), punky on one of your male bonding weekends, fond memories eh are you rascals still ripping up the hillsides of the valleys???

:P

I am in club lotus and the official Lotus Club International and this is the first I have heard of this event

Me too Howard and I've not heard anything either :P . I even had a letter from LCI last night, but no mention of the event or any emails from them.

Martyn :w00t:

Hi,

I'm a Club Lotus member, I'll be there, even if it's not discounted. If it's anything like 2004 Team Lotus event, count me in! Thinking about those lovely Black and Gold F1 cars going round the test track still brings a tear to my eye, where have the years gone! :thumbup: At least I've got a Lotus to arrive in now!

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3