Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Vacuum Feed To Heater Box - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Vacuum Feed To Heater Box

pitstoppete

when the engines running and the heater fan is on, I take it the big heater valve flap thing at the front is supposed to be pulled down by the vacuum pod thing? yeah? my car demists and distributes the air ok-ish on all fan speeds, but, I just checked before putting the car away, the big oval flap thing is not open. if i wedge it open, the air is much better to the screen. not had mega misting up problems as yet, but a quick fondle behind the dash, above the clutch pedal, found a "spare" unconnected air hose/right angled connector, doing nowt. i rather think i need to assume the "real lotus position" and get under there and plug something back on. i take it this sounds very usual on an Esprit? is this maybe why my brake pedal is really hard, almost un servoed? is the suckie suckie being wasted under the dash? or is there some sort of valve somewhere? aint looked in the bible yet, but i though i'd run this past a you all first!

sorry for the vague rubbish speel, just had a couple of large g+t's, after a lovely drive out in the DRY for once, first one in a clean car!

all is well,

cheers guys

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I understood that speel perfectly. Must be the Vodka :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg