Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Can you identify these parts? - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Can you identify these parts?

So, after 15 years of keeping it under wraps, I’m going to get MNG (my ‘74 Elite) on the road. 

I’ll probably start a thread in the restoration section. 

However, while going through all the boxes of bits, I’ve come across some parts that I can’t identify.  Does anyone recognise what they are? It’s been a long time - they may not even be Elite parts.

( I know one is a seat belt - but it wasn’t fitted to the car. Is it European spec? It matches the picture in the parts manual but that seems to refer to Fed spec. Are Euro and Fed parts the same?)

Thanks muchly,

Justin

436A082E-068F-4DF6-AF27-248BCC307758.jpeg

I'm not sure they are Elite parts. The long piece is made by Valeo, which name has only been in use since 1980. The chrome piece looks like the trim for a light fitting (front indicator/sidelight?) and no such part was used on the Elite to my knowledge. I'm not sure about the plate - is anything stamped on the other side?

Richard

Thanks, good detective skills. Nothing stamped on the other side of the plate.

My first thought on the chrome bit was ashtray and cigarette lighter bezel. But perhaps sidelight, as you say. Anyway, it’s now been relegated to a sub-prime shelf.

That thing on the right is a doobreyflip isn't it? Fits over the header noggin in the offside baffle tube. Non-federal commonwealth export models only though.

😉

Most of my car is looking like this. Using the workshop manual is like looking at the picture on  the lid of a jigsaw puzzle.🙄

... in fact could that flat piece mid left be the reinforcing plate under the u bolts that hold the power steering rack down on to the chassis? Looks about the right size,  but my s1/power rack plates are a simpler shape.

• Gold FFM

I can assist as well.

One is a safety belt thingamy.

One is a long dull grey part with black thingies.

One is just a black thingamy.

And the last one is a sort of rectangular shiny silver thingamy.

This would have to be one of the most helpful forums out there I reckon.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)