Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S3 parcel shelf arrangement - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S3 parcel shelf arrangement

Can anyone shed light on the engine compartment parcel shelf build for me? Cant find anything 8n parts or WS manuals...

shelf sits above the belt reel, which has a metal bracket with two holes on each side , but too low for the shelf to sit.  No evident matching holes in the shelf itself either. Should there be a block or something on top of the brackets? Otherwise, the forward edge of the shelf doesnt seem to fix to anything.

TIA

A47E1AA7-E1E2-4CE8-8717-EEAE3D263A91.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks Giorgio, but I dont think its those either. The wooden shelves (above the tanks),  are already in place about 4” below the level of these brackets.

another pic with the shelf placed in situ just in case...so the shelf sits atop the belt reel, and against the bulkhead, but with no fixing point to either...

E9718FE2-6D04-4CD0-BB0B-3BD8EC733A24.jpeg

Dave, the wooden shelf are sitting on the brackets I posted on my post, as you can see in this pic, sitting on left and without on right, I can only suppose your brackets are mounted in the wrong position,  so to low...  

28379371_10214204463019656_6079577365984320349_n.jpg

you can see the correct height of the brackets in this pic of my car at the time of dismantling, hope this help. 

100_0010.jpg

Thanks guys...

Pete, no cutouts in my shelves, and they sit level to the quarterlights when resting on the seat belt reel (exactly as Brett’s pic above). I wonder of Lotus just put them in ‘cos thats how the S2 was made, not allowing for the change to early S3s shelf design?

Giorgio. Yes my wooden shelf sits in The same place as yours (on the left, first pic))...the brackets in question are the ones shown just above this in your second pic to either aide on the seatbelt mounting bracket.

i’ll take a pic tomorrow am of the overall shelf position just for completeness, but I suspect either there was a wooden block on top of each bracket to support the front of the shelf (which I dont recall), or they were just leftovers from the S2 design....

the shelf front is tied back to the top of the engine surround by an L shaped bracket as well, just not to the bilkhead