Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alarm beep upon locking the car - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Alarm beep upon locking the car

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually only beeps if something isn't closed correctly such as the front latch or boot.

You can double press the lock button which causes a different beep, this will de-activate the internal sensors (if you have any)

Mine doesn't make any noise as well, I think this is standard now.

It beeps briefly if you "lock" it twice, if I remember correctly, which means it's locked but not fully armed somehow (would need to check the manual for that).

Edited by vd9

Yes. I get the beep if I press it twice. But my old car use to beep when I locked it normally then beeped twice in my pressed the button twice to deactivate the alarm. 

I checked the manual and could find anything about activating / deactivating the lock beep. 

Edited by DT 350

Pressing twice locks the doors, activates the alarm with the immobiliser but deactivates the interior sensor.  And only then do you get the beep.

If it beeps whilst arming the alarm (one press or two presses) then something isn't closed.

No beep on "normal" lock/unlock IMO

Edited by Kristof Thys

On 12/11/2019 at 09:53, Kristof Thys said:

Pressing twice locks the doors, activates the alarm with the immobiliser but deactivates the interior sensor.  And only then do you get the beep.

If it beeps whilst arming the alarm (one press or two presses) then something isn't closed.

No beep on "normal" lock/unlock IMO

Thanks but I’m looking to activate the beep. My old car did it. 

Also there isn’t an interior sensor according to the manual. 

1 minute ago, DT 350 said:

Also there isn’t an interior sensor according to the manual. 

It got deleted on the later cars, don't know when exactly, mine does have one - MY14. Put your hand in the interior and alarm goes. 

Would be interested to know how your old car did the beep on the OEM alarm.