Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Thanks for the memories! - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Thanks for the memories!

Lo2zz

Hi all, 

I've recently sold my Exige V6 so thought I would say goodbye and thanks for the memories! (Well for now until I decide to get a 430)

You guys really are a great bunch and this is exactly what a car community should be - lots of banter, a hell of a lot of information, as well as true enthusiasts making the cars even better. 

It has been a absolute pleasure being part of the community 

So what have I replaced it with? I have a few cars so wanted something fun for the weekend, that felt special, and most importantly that my other half could come out with me in (She always felt incredibly sick in the exige)

The other thing which led me to sell the Exige was it was almost too good for the road - it has such an abundance of grip that I never felt like I was 'driving the car'. I get more pleasure from feeling a car under me move at lower speeds, than phenomenal entry speeds on the road. 

It's obviously what the car was designed to do - so it sounds a bit counter intuitive to criticise it for that - but everytime I went out in it my gut told me it wasn't quite right for what I wanted on the road.

So replaced the Exige with a  Porsche Spyder 987. It's a fantastic car - feels really special in its own right and with uprated manfiolds, exhaust, race cats makes a fantastic noise. 

It has the hydraulic steering which is one of the best steering racks I've ever had - tells you everything you want to know without any unwanted information. 

It's obviously slower than the Exige, doesn't have the outright grip, and doesn't look, or feel as intense. At the moment I'm loving it though. Haven't stopped driving it which is a good sign! 

Things i'll miss 

- Structural rigidity of the Exige (sig more flex in the Spyder)

- The looks 

- The acceleration 

- The forum

- Oakmere! 

I think If a 380 with a  diff ever comes up for sale I'll be mightily tempted to swap back - but for now it's been a pleasure

IMG_7149.jpg

IMG_7151.jpg

IMG_7147.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bit of a rarity that, looks like nice example. Is it a manual?  I looked on and off at Cayman R's over the last few years when I had my Elise but never managed to get a drive of one as there only ever seemed to be PDK's for sale.  Think they'll continue to hold value well so probably a safe place for your money.

Don't suppose you took the 2bular off the Exige before sale?!!

Hi Nathan,

I left the 2bular on the car when I sold it ;( 

Yes it's a manual - interesting flicking through the original invoice for the car - I paid £500 more than he paid 10 years ago. Hopefully the same will happen for me! 

They are rare it's a manual - only 150 of them in the UK