Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Prices of new GT 410 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Prices of new GT 410

Nice bloke

Try £79,950. This looks excellent and is a real bargain!

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-gt410-sport--brand-new-unregistered/10138932

Beautiful colour too. Depreciation on new is as sure as death and taxes...!  :)

• Thanks 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Nah, knock £2k off the price Stephen. Throw into Allon Whites to get some red leather interior trim, a la GT430/US GT and she's a real beauty. 

I was tempted but I like the extra carbon, the superlight wheels and the carbon buckets of my car.

Looks damn fine though at that price. If JMG had not taken them up to £95-105k I reckon they would have sold a bucket load of them. They look stunning.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Try £79,950. This looks excellent and is a real bargain!

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-gt410-sport--brand-new-unregistered/10138932

Beautiful colour too. Depreciation on new is as sure as death and taxes...!  :)

My point was if you do a private deal with a dealer all well and good, but I don’t need Lotus pushing discount cars 15 - 20k off list so blatantly though there network. It not good for customer retention🤬

• Like 1

I get it, but it happens and sometimes the timing is shit. Whatever you do, don't buy a MacLaren then!

My point is that if depreciation is such a concern or irritant don't ever buy new.

I bought my 410 Sport new at a £15k discount of list. It's still depreciated by a further £20k in 20 months.

I just bought a 7 month old S90 as my DD in September. 6k miles and half the new price. It's still depreciated £2-4k since then.

Lotus exists to sell cars so working with their dealers they will do what needs to be done to shift them. Not trying to be harsh or a dick but since the beginning of time the new car buyer has always been hit.

Just enjoy it for what it is?

• Like 2

The small print.

Customer Retention? New suits at Lotus haven’t reached that page in Marketing For Dummies yet.

• Haha 1

Discounting is certainly an Achilles heel for Lotus. It's ok if you bought one for the discounted price but a kick in the nuts for probably more loyal customers who jumped in and paid nearer list.  

McLaren are much worse though.  Most owners that bought new will lose a gt410 in depreciation but that's the penalty for suffering from the need to have the latest supercar.  Due to the proliferation of these high end cars they all lose money now.

Over 3 to 5 years the Evora is pretty good what are 410s now? Still 65? Virtually just the vat lost  if you paid 80k and they are likely to drop pretty slowly over the coming few years.  It was a huge extravagance for me personally to buy a 410 but I reckon over a longer term of say 6 years you could lose more having a pretty mundane car on a lease or PCP. 

• Like 1

The 2020 Evora GT here in the US is sold at MSRP. They won't entertain any idea of a discount. There are only few at around 102,000 US dollars but most are priced 110k - 117k. Meanwhile the 2017 Evora 400 in the used market are priced from 70k to 95k....some priced in the low to mid 70s have 2k - 6k miles on them.

On 12/12/2019 at 12:36, CharlieBrown said:

The 2020 Evora GT here in the US is sold at MSRP. They won't entertain any idea of a discount. There are only few at around 102,000 US dollars but most are priced 110k - 117k. Meanwhile the 2017 Evora 400 in the used market are priced from 70k to 95k....some priced in the low to mid 70s have 2k - 6k miles on them.

Thats about a fair differential between 400 and GT, hell even the 2017 Sport 410 was priced higher than a similarly outfitted 2020 GT,