Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
door sills: need to replace/redo - discuss my options - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

door sills: need to replace/redo - discuss my options

Have got the Senotec door sills on mine.  Senotec is wearing off.

So, what options:

- have been looking at leather covers from JF Customs on eBay as they come highly recommended: not sure that they fit (eBay store says "Elise S2 01-10") + they have a top grain leather and mine interior is Suedetex + smooth black leather

- wrap... not so much a fan

- CF from Eltech gloss black or matte black... but then again, I have no other CF bits on my car (every exterior black part is repainted in gloss black).  Albeit I agree the CF make the car have that "exclusive" feeling, it's just weird IMO on how the sill then attaches to the other "plain" interior parts (and no, not going the full CF route)

...  any other ideas? retrim in alcantara?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Kristof Thys said:

Kinda like the idea of matt carbon... But how do you maintain this? (on gloss carbon to clear coat can be polished to remove scratches).  Anybody? 

potentially a matt finish PPF 

www.alias23.com

5 hours ago, BatMobile said:

yeah mine are PPF'd to protect them, my leather ones on my old 350 got marks but the carbon are so smooth its easy to slide on them. I guess just watch out for metal studs on the back of jeans. 

Thank you so much.  So yours are matte carbon with PPF over them?  Or gloss black with PPF over them?

Does the PPF don't enhance the effect of it looking like a wrap (excuse my ignorance, but not many PPF'ed cars around here).  Would be very grateful for a picture 😉

15 hours ago, Kristof Thys said:

Thank you so much.  So yours are matte carbon with PPF over them?  Or gloss black with PPF over them?

Does the PPF don't enhance the effect of it looking like a wrap (excuse my ignorance, but not many PPF'ed cars around here).  Would be very grateful for a picture 😉

Gloss black with normal ppf on.

i wouldn’t go matt personally as it could look a little flat. The gloss works really well there, the binnacle is matt carbon to stop reflections.

3868F826-527D-4382-850A-8D0E10E2318E.jpeg