Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Barn Find (sort Of) - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Barn Find (sort Of)

barryj

Buy it, Build it.....

There could well be very little wrong with it....

There could well be an awful lot wrong with it......

Get it, strip it, if it turns out not to be for you, sell it on....

If its the right car, build it and enjoy it....

Theres loads of help on here and enthusiastic members who are heppy to travel to help when things get a little tough.......

Just stay away from the beer n women.... or it'll never get done..... 3 weeks and no work... darn bar maids..... :thumbsup:

Good luck, if you need any help give me a shout.....

Simon

Chunky Lover

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
But of course!

Are you on the RG mailing list?

Now the RG mailing list is a long story best left for the fireside one night! Suffice to say I love big two strokes but not so much the RG mailing list................................

Buy it, Build it.....

There could well be very little wrong with it....

There could well be an awful lot wrong with it......

Get it, strip it, if it turns out not to be for you, sell it on....

If its the right car, build it and enjoy it....

Theres loads of help on here and enthusiastic members who are heppy to travel to help when things get a little tough.......

Just stay away from the beer n women.... or it'll never get done..... 3 weeks and no work... darn bar maids..... :thumbsup:

Good luck, if you need any help give me a shout.....

Simon

Cheers Simon

Barry, look here to see If the car is on the JPS Registry

As for the restoration costs of that beast, 5 grand would get the ball rolling and as Troy said north of 10 grand for a spectacular finish. :lol:

Bless him, Ian is still running that register? Thats what, 10 years?

Aren't there a few - very good - fakes around?

Brilliant IMO that someone has kept the interest going it sent a shiver down my spine seeing all those old ladies some restored and some derilict, look at the one entitled Rescue me near the bottom................................it could be the car up the road from me if it wasnt on a different part of the planet.

If that car was here in Canada it would be bought up soo fast. It will cost some serious money to get it right if you want to keep it stock, and on this car even I would keep it stock. Just keep in mind that you will need to take your time on it, pick away at it as the money is available and you will come out the other side with an amazing car. SAVE IT !

Hi Barry.

where abouts are you?I'm in Newport so hopefully not far away.

I'm more than willing to take a look at it with you,Especialy as I've just got mine back on the road and just looking for excuses to drive anywhere.

I say if it does'nt look to bad go for it,and if you don't and the price is right then maybe I will :lol:

Just kidding :lol:

Punky, as soon as my wife gets home to take over with the kids I will be going for a proper look and try and suss out if the car is for sale or not. If it is I will take you up on the offer of a look see. I am in New Inn between Cwmbran and Pontypool so no distance at all.

Thinking about it during the day today I think I used to see this car many years ago around the Newport area, and parked up in St Julians (on St Julians road) a lot, pretty sure its the same car.

Yeah!

I remember a black one half way up St Julians Rd on the left, but don,t recall it being a Jps.

Might be my memory failing me but it had Gold wheels, can't believe you remember it as well...........................thinking about it the one in St Julians might have had gold cross spokes and red stripes.

Oh forgot to mention....welcome to the forum.... :lol:

It would be interesting actually to have a look in the back of your Noble as I have just fitted the same engine in the back of my Esprit(without the turbos).

Oh forgot to mention....welcome to the forum.... :lol:

It would be interesting actually to have a look in the back of your Noble as I have just fitted the same engine in the back of my Esprit(without the turbos).

Why the engine swap? The engine is very accesable in the Noble unlike the Lotus.

Edited by barryj

Hi Barry.

where abouts are you?I'm in Newport so hopefully not far away.

I'm more than willing to take a look at it with you,Especialy as I've just got mine back on the road and just looking for excuses to drive anywhere.

I say if it does'nt look to bad go for it,and if you don't and the price is right then maybe I will :lol:

Just kidding :lol:

So you got it insured then, much hassle ??????

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

Why the engine swap? The engine is very accesable in the Noble unlike the Lotus.

Bit of a long story,but your best bet is to go grab a cuppa and check out my post in the project and restoration section :lol:

Hilly

So you got it insured then, much hassle ??????

Not really

Edited by punky

I went back to the address where the car was kept and it turned into one of those long stories.......................................a little old lady answered and I enquired about the car and she looked confused and said it wasnt for sale. I gave her a business card that I had already written a polite message on, and she explained the car was her sons.

I walked away but coud see her looking at the card out of the corner of my vision, she then called me and asked if I did glass for Windows (my card refers to the glass manufacturing company I run) I said that I didnt normaly do domestic work but as she was a neighbour I would have a look. Anyway ended up measuring four windows for her that I will do at cost as she is a nice old dear.

With a bit of luck she will give the card to her son.

Anyway back to the car! its in a mess inside and it has a fair bit of grass growing in it! it has a sunroof not sure if they were standard, I managed to take a couple of sneaky pictures. Its number 02 as you can see from the sticker on the flank, the interior is correct but well past its usefull lifespan, god knows what the rest of the car is like it has been stood a very very long time I reckon at least 10 years.

Couple of pics:

10072007201.jpg

10072007200.jpg

do the glass and ask for her sons contact details, just say your looking for one and see if he may be interested in selling as you are looking for a restoration project... oh and as its number 002 dont you dare give in on it!!!!!!!!! just be honest about why you are interested

Edited by bigsi

Don't loose heart, I'm rebuilding an S4 at the mo that was stood, covered in stickers at the back of soeones house for 7 years, it looked worse han that and the interior looks like the guy carried his engine around in it!!!!

Why do you think I am doing the glass!!!!! its not my hobby to help out old ladies you know. The fact that its number 2 makes me even more interested I cannot see it rot into the drive................................its too late I think its mine already!

Ohhhh, WOW, number DOM 002, that really is a find.

Just don't get carried away and look too keen otherwise the seller is going to ask ridiculous money for it.

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

Anyone else notice a "USAndretti42" looking at this thread? hasn't the Andretti family got #1?

Edit: Just noticed he is a Mod

Edited by barryj