Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ev400 Headlights auto off (not) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ev400 Headlights auto off (not)

My 400 headlights do NOT automatically turn off when I leave and lock the car.

I have 'discovered' this twice now in 6 months. Fortunately both times I had parked at home in the garage so recharging a dead battery a few days later was not such a problem.

However is this correct (that they do not switch off automatically) or do I have a fault?

If they don't switch off, has anyone invented a 'fix' or even added a buzzer as a reminder.

Even our 12 yr old mini has lights that switch off automatically! 

construction and property consultants : My company

As far as I’m aware they are not auto in any way, but they do have a buzzer if you leave them on.  

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

"home safe" in the owners manual about when they are on and you get out and use the remote to lock the doors the light button will flash and the lights will turn off after x amount of time. 

Screenshot_20200204-153640.png

Edited by John z
  • Like 2

Those instructions are for an S1 Evora.  The 400 doesn't have the same type of momentary switch for turning the lights on / off, and do not switch off automatically.

See this thread for details of the equivalent 400 'homesafe' functionality:

16 hours ago, John z said:

"home safe" in the owners manual about when they are on and you get out and use the remote to lock the doors the light button will flash and the lights will turn off after x amount of time. 

Screenshot_20200204-153640.png

Well after 4yrs of ownership, I’ve just been taught another RTFM lesson. 😊

I’ve always found it a faff that I need to prod the headlight button and then the parking lights button to power everyhing down - now realising that a 1second press does this for me.

And the Homesafe feature is even better!

This idiot thanks you for your post. 😎

thanks for the feedback. Have now tested and there is in fact a buzzer. Is just very quiet so I didn't even notice it before.

construction and property consultants : My company

5 hours ago, Beady said:

thanks for the feedback. Have now tested and there is in fact a buzzer. Is just very quiet so I didn't even notice it before.

:rofl:mines deafening. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.