Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Boot Bag For S3 Esprit - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Boot Bag For S3 Esprit

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's the one that has a rounded engine wall then I am using 1 like that, but could run it to my car trimmer and see how much for him to make one to the pattern.

Let me know if you want me to, I've got to go and see him to re-trim my doors.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

your welcome to have mine if you want it alexandre, it needs a good wash, and one popper replacing on the pass side top with a small bit of stitching, thats all as far as i know.

i will be making some custom panels to go in my esprit boot , and a few other things.

i can email you some pics tomorrow when its light and then you can let me know if you want it or not.

simon

Sounds like an opportunity for Troy to start knocking them out as one of the range of parts he could do. Sure he could do a load cheaper than that.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Am I daft? what is a boot bag?

Think more 'boot liner'

Clips on poppers around the inside edge of the rear luggage compartment,

looks like a luggage cover, but has a zip to reveal it actually has a full size

storage bag stitched below.

How that?

:thumbup:

Yes it was a factory item.

Kept your valuables covered and generally just finished of the appearance of the boot area.

Wasn't really needed............just a nice finishing touch.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

xande should have the bag today, hes going to have a look at it, if he doesnt want it then he will put it up for grabs again, only thing wrong is the toggle you pull on the zip came off yesterday, the zip mechenism is still there and the zip works fine, it just needs the toggle replacing, which you can get from an upholstery shop or you can fit a ring pull same thing you put keys on through the hole in the zip.

Simon,

today, 02 August 2007, at 17:53h, I have not still received the boot bag. I assume it is somewhere due to the postal strikes going on. As soon as I receive the bag, I will let you know. I will also let you know if I can rectify the toggle clip, as I was not aware of the toggle clip missing only after I sent you the cheque. If I cannot repair/replace the toggle clip, then I will send you the bag back, unless someone here wants it with the existing defects.

I will wait until Saturday afternoon (my post arrives at 1pm) to see if the bag arrives.

Edited by xande007

xande.

here is the tracking number that was issued for the recorded delivery. DH 3029 8385 2GB as i said the zip works fine, it just needS a toggle clipPed on, and as i said you can buy them at any haberdashers or sewing shop. i will buy one for you and send it if need be other than that theres nothing wrong with the bag seeing as its now 24 years old, you already knw that a popper needed to be put on the left top side and a small bit of stitching done that was it.

the toggle came ff after i gave it a wash and pulled on the zipper, nothing i could do abut it really, like i said if you dont want it then i will fit the toggle and popper myself and re-sell to someone who wants it or may well keep it.

simn

Edited by bigsi

Simon,

I have just tried the tracking number on the post office website and it does not work.

If the bag does not arrive by this Saturday, I would expect you to refund my cheque and track the whereabouts of the bag, as I did not post it in the first place. Sorry.

As I said, I am prepared to wait until Saturday for the bag to arrive, and I'll see how it goes.

Guys,

The uk postal strike is a 48hr strike stretched to lasting two weeks. This is done by

individual departments striking on different days to cause the most distruption.

I was posted a 'special delivery next day before 1pm' item on thursday 26th,

it was informed to the sender that the delivery time would not be honoured,

this they accepted.

My local sorting office was on strike thursday and friday.

To clear backlog there was no post on saturday.

Depots were on strike monday.

Whole local branch on strike tuesday.

Drivers on strike yesterday.

Tracking system is knackered ('attempted delivery 5.30am' two days ago, 5.30am!!!?).

Am yet to recieve it...

So i'd really give it loads of time while these guys strike themselves into extinction.

Speaking of which, avoiding royal mail, an item posted to me from Hong Kong on

monday afternoon, was an 'attempted delivery' to my address today, less than four

days later. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

:whistle:

Take it easy BigBoy..... no need to get upset..... :crybaby:

Please bear with us during the strike guys....

Royal Mail are doing their best to minimise disruption during this difficult time....

Managers are working 24hour shift rotations to try and relieve the backlog of mail and minimise disruption...

Specal delivery items are being given priority....

This is a difficult time for all involved and I'm unsure how long it s going to go on for

Thank you in advance for being understanding.....

And in the mean time.... will you two please play nice.... :whistle:

Simon

Chunky Lover