Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The next upgrade to the V6CupR..... - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The next upgrade to the V6CupR.....

.....Race Uprights --

v6-exige-front-gt-uprights-race-car-twin3.jpg.8af29686c8c64850243de19e7120d8d3.jpgv6-exige--evora-race-gt-uprights-oe-caliper-air-duct.jpg.117233a5be45cdcd6cc6762761524c31.jpgv6-exige-front-gt-uprights-race-car-twin7.jpg.a07205c0be281eb94ca8289fa8c89eb9.jpgv6-gt-ultimate--front-uprights-40mm-lower-ep-oct-1400px-31.jpg.9178145039a4c2ab026551e24433d171.jpg

Lower is better... :D 

• Love 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
32 minutes ago, Five50 said:

Looking chunky...

Sorry for the noob question but what is the benefit?

Nothing to do with aesthetics.

The goal -- get the car down to 95-100mm front, 105-110mm rear and improve over all handling. However, lowering a car's center of gravity is good....until...it's NOT.  Lowering our cars too much can have the opposite effect of reducing grip unless you can lower the roll center while still maintaining favorable geometry and camber change throughout the functional range of the suspension travel -- we don't want to  drop the roll center below ground. :)  Hence the need to change the uprights.

17 hours ago, EldonZ said:

Not if I don't ship them to you! 😜

Please.....Eldon....I'll be good. ;) 

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

2 hours ago, Five50 said:

Looking chunky...

Sorry for the noob question but what is the benefit?

Not only will we be able to lower the car without changing the suspension geometry, we will be able to adjust the bump steer on the front and rear. Another nice feature on the rear is not having to use the eccentric bolt to adjust the camber. The rear uprights have shims at the upper mounting point. That allows camber changes without having a large impact on rear toe.

Jack, you will need to be "Really Good"! 😇

Later,
Eldon

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Got all the parts and just waiting to get into my "race shop" under the supervision of my designated crew chief @EldonZ :D  

Eldon has already done the upgrade to his CupR and served as the "pioneer" for this project -- he loves science projects. 

I'm sure he can chime in on how he likes the changes. His car has certainly achieved "low-rider" status. I believe he is running ride heights of ... 105mm front and 115mm rear.   

Some photos of Eldon's car, as he is very shy.  🤭

front-track-copy-adjust copy.jpg

grid copy-adjust.jpg

• Like 2

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

@EldonZ ---- My Hero! 

Did we ever figure out what that white car you were chasing starting @ about 3:23 in the video....Panoz or Ginetta G55?  

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

@550superfastThe uprights are from Elise-Parts. They have uprights that provide either a 20mm or 40mm drop. I run Hoosier A7s. The fronts are 225/40x17 and the rear are 255/35x18. Now, the Hoosiers have a tendency to run wide; ie, a 225 width from Hoosier is more like another tire vendors 245 width.

Later,
Eldon

Great video - thank you. 
Sequential shift just looks perfect - revs dropping 1k rpm on the up shift.

Looks like you’re pulling on the Ginetta on the brakes?

Any more info on the car spec - nitrons / Ohlins, Brakes, engine etc?

The car is basically stock; ie, the way Lotus built it, except for the suspension and that it has the Bosch M4 ABS. The Ohlins have been revalved to match what I found works on my 11' Exige S260. I'm waiting till this winter to start doing some more major upgrades like removing the brake booster and going to split masters so I can adjust front/rear brake bias. The brake boost is just way to sensitive for racing applications. After that, it will be switching to a Motec ECU and adding an intercooler to up the HP.

Later,
Eldon

I can't let Eldon take over my post and put up a video of his car w/o there being one of my car.  🧐 

A fun config @ Spring Mountain Motorsport Ranch -- the "Clark A"  -- we haven't run it for a while.....I'm faster now after being "tutored" by Mr Eldon.  😜

• Like 2

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

@550superfastUnfortunately, No. The car arrived from the UK just before the pandemic. I was going to take it to the track but it needed a little more TLC. Then the pandemic hit. With nothing better to do, I rebuilt the suspension. I'm waiting to get @Jack's opinion but have not been able to make it out to Spring Mountain just yet. I can tell you from driving many cars, the car will pull considerable lateral Gs. In fact, the last time out, I was actually getting tired/sore from how quickly the car will change directions.

Later,
Eldon