Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S2 head light motor wiring - flash setting - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S2 head light motor wiring - flash setting

Hi all,

I have just fitted S2 motors in my s1. I have all the wiring and relays on a test bench before I make up the loom to fit in the car. 

I have the OEM s1 light switch working the s2 pod motors which sets to; off - sidelights - dipped beam (pods up)  This is all working and functioning correctly.  I also have managed to get the pods to raise when i pull the flash lever stalk. However when using flash, the pods simply go up and straight back down regardless of how many times or how long you hold the stalk on for. 

Can somebody tell me whether or not this is correct, or should the pods stay up for a certain time ?

Our '88 will keep the lights illuminated, and the pods up, as long as you hold the stalk towards you.

On our car, there is a Pod Delay Module incorporated into the flash circuit. (located under the dash in G-Turbos) Does your test setup incorporate that? Is there a PDM in your S1 or in S2s?

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

52 minutes ago, CarBuff said:

Our '88 will keep the lights illuminated, and the pods up, as long as you hold the stalk towards you.

On our car, there is a Pod Delay Module incorporated into the flash circuit. (located under the dash in G-Turbos) Does your test setup incorporate that? Is there a PDM in your S1 or in S2s?

thanks for fast reply.

Thank fully my perseverance has paid off. I now have the pod staying open for as long as you hold the stalk on flash. I now realise the headlight flash relay actually opens a circuit and not closes one. so yes as per your comment this now does the same. 

as for a pdm I haven't heard of this and neither is it on my wiring diagrams. 

Be careful holding the stalk on flash for any considerable time. Because it is just the wire rubbing over the raised contact it gets hot due to it not being a 'secure' contact. I used to do that myself but then found that the plastic surrounding the contact was melting the plastic and burning out. Only use it to 'flash' as it says on the tin!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, williamtherebel said:

Be careful holding the stalk on flash for any considerable time. Because it is just the wire rubbing over the raised contact it gets hot due to it not being a 'secure' contact. I used to do that myself but then found that the plastic surrounding the contact was melting the plastic and burning out. Only use it to 'flash' as it says on the tin!

@williamtherebel thank you for the advice. 

48 minutes ago, williamtherebel said:

Be careful holding the stalk on flash for any considerable time.

If you are from NJ, USA you are expected to

USE THE HORN!

(Now that you mention it, those relays could overheat, too!)

😆

• Haha 2

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA