Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Calling Electrical Experts - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Calling Electrical Experts

winners

Question

Can I fix my S1's Rev Counter? It won't drop below reading 2000 rpm but works fine after that. I know it's a small issue but it is begining to get on my nerves. Is there a component or anything which can be replaced!?

Mark

Edited by winners

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Mark

your tacho is basically a moving coil meter ,most sticking problems with this type of instrument are caused by a metal partical attracted to the magnet when the coil tries to move it is restricted by the partical(usually at the same spot ie 2000 rpm) if this is your problem the sticking will still be there with everything off .If the problem 's not mechanical then I would look for dry solder joints around the tacho's printed circuit board

Dave Hopwood

Mark

your tacho is basically a moving coil meter ,most sticking problems with this type of instrument are caused by a metal partical attracted to the magnet when the coil tries to move it is restricted by the partical(usually at the same spot ie 2000 rpm) if this is your problem the sticking will still be there with everything off .If the problem 's not mechanical then I would look for dry solder joints around the tacho's printed circuit board

David

Thanks

The problem is always there. Do you know if it will be easy to access?

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!