Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Did Tesla Save FCA??? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Did Tesla Save FCA???

Interesting video about how its possible to side-step some of the European Emission Regulations. Must admit I never knew that entirely separate companies could 'pool' their emissions.

Looks like Elon Musk may not be all bad after all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwXsY7IcrO8

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes. Was a form of Win Win Win. FCA could not afford developing electric products by themselves, Tesla was losing money on LL their products and The European Union wanted more electric cars development for emission purposes.

• Like 2

Musk's ego knows no bounds. He's committed to reopening the California plant against the orders of the local authority and has pretty much dared Governor Newsom to arrest him for the violation. In the meantime he's threatened to move the factory out of state if he didn't get his own way. He's a knob.

(Still waiting for his magic cave-rescuing submarine to demonstrate its prowess.)

3 hours ago, Advantage said:

Musk's ego knows no bounds. He's committed to reopening the California plant against the orders of the local authority and has pretty much dared Governor Newsom to arrest him for the violation. In the meantime he's threatened to move the factory out of state if he didn't get his own way. He's a knob.

(Still waiting for his magic cave-rescuing submarine to demonstrate its prowess.)

Yeah...he may not be 'all bad' - but I guess he's not 'all good' either. Clearly he's not 'above the law' and if he opens that in defiance of the States prohibition then he should be called to account for that.

The cave-rescuing submarine thing I have mixed feelings about. Clearly Elon Musk may think he's a mixture of Tony Stark/International Rescue - but at the end of the day he was offering to help. I can't help but think a bit of diplomacy from Vernon Unsworth could have lead to greater things - and the defamation action was ill-advised and risky. A lost opportunity for both Parties...and perhaps the general public.