Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Best Tune for the 250 Cup? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Best Tune for the 250 Cup?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I would only trust KomoTec for a full tune and power upgrade, however both H111 (Hangar 111) and ES Motorsport are hugely experienced and very reputable for performance mods etc. I would say they are safe hands to be trusted, based on what I have heard.

Dave at Seriously Lotus also get's a great reputation for tuning parts/performance upgrade parts.

2bular headers are a real work of it. Superbly well made, Etc.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I would only trust KomoTec for a full tune and power upgrade, however both H111 (Hangar 111) and ES Motorsport are hugely experienced and very reputable for performance mods etc. I would say they are safe hands to be trusted, based on what I have heard.

Dave at Seriously Lotus also get's a great reputation for tuning parts/performance upgrade parts.

2bular headers are a real work of it. Superbly well made, Etc.

Thanks for the advise! What about the RRR upgrades? Like the ecu master?

Sorry, I have no knowledge of them. I am sure someone will be along.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The 250 cup model doesn’t seem to be as easy to retune as the original cup 220 & the normal model Elise with the 2zr engines.The ecu is the issue, I believe it’s the encryption Stopping total access,

Komotec kits direct or via  H111 are not listing the 250 model , 

You mention RRR they use the Ecumaster Ecu to great affect However so does Komotec and H111 , the only thing to remember is the ecu will have a different traction control system to the original, this may not bother some people , but it depends on what the car is for road/ Track

From my experience it’s best to use one company or at least confirm prior to cherry picking parts etc.

I have Jim’s complete system for my car, however to have the ecu tuned by Komotec I would have to go to Germany as it was not available in the uk to me.

Gutted as I was due there 2 weeks ago but There’s more important issues at the moment .

The small print.

Thanks for that , will be an interesting read ,it is a more serious upgrade with a totally new ecu , which is the only way the tuners are dealing properly with the 250 cup. There are a number of 250cup owners on the Facebook site that have had the the full exhaust systemS and have had mil lights on due to emissions codes and fuelling issues.

I see... upon researching and reading all the reviews/videos, I think RRR is the way to go... it seems they got the most power and the easiest installation since it's a plug & play system. Will also get the full exhaust from 2bular, hard to decide which manifold though... test pipe or the silenced de cat pipe 🤔

On 17/05/2020 at 19:06, elise 147 said:

I have Jim’s complete system for my car, however to have the ecu tuned by Komotec I would have to go to Germany as it was not available in the uk to me.

Gutted as I was due there 2 weeks ago but There’s more important issues at the moment .

Hi Stephen.  So, whilst it's not fully announced in terms of details, we are now able to offer OEM ECU remapping for those who wish to use alternative suppliers exhausts in the KT kits.  I hope to find some time to sit down and crunch the numbers and type the words soon!  We may need to have a quick chat...

I believe KT can programme the 250 ECU, we have certainly done one or two, when they first came out.  Obviously the EMU is an option, as long as you and your insurer are happy with the changes to "DPM" - not all are!

Dave

• Like 1

On 19/05/2020 at 13:42, Hangar 111 said:

Hi Stephen.  So, whilst it's not fully announced in terms of details, we are now able to offer OEM ECU remapping for those who wish to use alternative suppliers exhausts in the KT kits.  I hope to find some time to sit down and crunch the numbers and type the words soon!  We may need to have a quick chat...

I believe KT can programme the 250 ECU, we have certainly done one or two, when they first came out.  Obviously the EMU is an option, as long as you and your insurer are happy with the changes to "DPM" - not all are!

Dave

Would an insurer be happy if you changed the OEM ECU either? Its a modification either way. 

We have proven solutions for the 220 taking it to 270 with just an ECU and a good exhuast. We have 220-300 using injectors, a smaller pulley, charge cooler kit and a thermal gasket and for the 250s we can make 290 easily with just the ECU, probably push 300 with the charge cooler kit and thermal gasket. 

5 hours ago, RRREng said:

Would an insurer be happy if you changed the OEM ECU either? Its a modification either way.

They tend to be more tolerant of a "remap" rather than aftermarket ECU, yes.  Some are fine, others aren't, based on feedback from some of our customers.

It's good that people have a decent choice to suit whatever they want from their car.

Dave

I just ordered the RRR ECU and a 2bular exhaust system... they claim my car (250cup) can go up to 290-295hp with this simple upgrade! Sounds worth it if you ask me, can't wait to get them! 🤗

• 2 months later...
On 29/05/2020 at 09:28, LotusCup said:

I just ordered the RRR ECU and a 2bular exhaust system... they claim my car (250cup) can go up to 290-295hp with this simple upgrade! Sounds worth it if you ask me, can't wait to get them! 🤗

What are the effects? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 28/08/2020 at 03:52, LotusCup said:

I returned the RRR ECU and just asked for full refund... it seems the ECU was not "plug n play" type, car won't crank after installing it. My car probably has a different version or region. After they helped and did a team viewing, the ECU didn't seem to have any file in it... they said it was corrupted or something. I'm just glad they sent me a full refund after sending the ECU back to them. I installed the full 2bular exhaust and it was AMAZING! Quality and sound of the exhaust were A+++, highly recommended! I shed around 6.74kg from the 2bular system against the stock exhaust... not bad considering it's already a long tube manifold design 🙂

Do you mind sharing the 2bular full exhuat options you upgraded? Was it just 250Cup/SE ROAD Exhaust System? Including any 4-1 Manifold and HD Cat?
I assume you are running stock ECU now with the 2bular full exhaust system, am I right? Thanks!

• 1 year later...