Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Method to replace primary injectors - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Method to replace primary injectors

stevefh

Hi all, Follow this at you own risk !!!! 

- remove fuel pump 15 amp blue fuse in rear relay box and turn engine over/ start until it dies. Turn ignition off 

on chargecooler release:-— 

-mat sensor connector

-2 rubber mountings

- hose clip form chargecooler end of turbo hose.

- hose clip from plenum nozzle

- pressure sensing hose from PRV

- the chargecooler can  then be swivelled to the right and up ended on the fuel return and two water hoses out of the way 

check no fuel in FPRV red/black pipe vac sensing ,for failure of diaphragm.

Note the connectors for injectors 1+2 are uppermost and 3+4 lowermost and the clips are at 90degrees to the connectors with open end facing the rear

Use a hooked pick to release each ‘wire’ securing the connector to its injector. I found it easiest to hook under the wire at a corner and pull around thereby lifting it over the lug and similarly the other side of that injector etc 

clean the injector ‘wells ‘

WD40 the 2 fuel rail bolts from above and to their rear and wait and repeat.

From their bracket unclip the fuel pipes that go to the plenum nozzle.

- use 6 sided 13mm socket to remove both bolts

- withdraw the rail complete with 4 injectors.

- for each injector use a small screwdriver to push on the open end legs of the clip, moving the clip forward and then turn it 90degress to remove it towards the Left hand side  of the engine bay. Pull the injector out of the rail etc.

Note 1 - Lubricate all new injector ‘o’ rings with clean engine oil.

note 2- I reused injector clips.

note3 - to line up the rail bolt holes ,lever down on the rail against the underneath of the plenum nozzle and start them finger tight, then torque to 8.7 Nm / 6.4lbf.ft. 

Note 4- turn on the fuel pump and check for leaks before refitting the chargecooler .

even though I could turn the injectors when the rail  was torqued in position I had no leaks . 

Reverse the procedure to replace .

I used RC PL2-370 which have only one groove for the clip .

set of four £330 from fuelperformance.co.uk ( e  bay July 2020)

• Like 2

Hi Tom, thanks for your info, it seems to have disappeared.The charcoal canister has been unavailable for a long time, have you discovered yet if its valve is working /detachable/repairable .There are videos on YouTube showing how to replace the charcoal granules and internal foam filter.

• 1 year later...
  • Gold FFM

Re. note 2, in retrospect it was obvious, but clipping the clips into the groove on the new injectors before pushing them up into the rail, then turning the clips 90 degrees, worked a treat (as opposed to trying to push the clip on after they were seated in the rail, doh!). Good instructions though @stevefh, thank you! 

• Like 1