Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Car Transport - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Car Transport

I know that cars have engines and generally move themselves but if I wanted to move a car from the North to the South (just over 200 miles) as it's currently SORNed does anyone know anyone that can do this at a reasonable price?

If not, I can hire a trailer which is around

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can imagine what SORN means - but what does it exactly stand for? ;)

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Bibs

I have used a car transportation company a couple of times to move the Esprit and I have had no problems at all with them.

My mate works for Land Rover and it

"Statutory Off Road Notification"

Thanks James & John ;)

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Graham, I don't think even your generosity will stretch from Hull to Kent, you'd use 8 years of world fuel reserves in the RR monster! Thanks all the same dude!

Thanks Gordon, I'll give them a call. I'm hoping not to spend a fortune as I don't have one to spend but if I get lucky with the timings then fingers crossed it will work out well ;)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Guest Troy Halliday

I have put out a couple of emailsand phone calls to companies for quotes as I will need to sort out a reliable service soon. So far I have some very encouraging NO's I know that sounds odd but they know there business enough to know their trailers are not suitable for Esprits. I did have one company say that although their trailer would potentialy be a problem they did get me a quote for an enclosed trailer but was a little pricey, but said they would ring around and get back to me. I have filled out a couple of request forms with a couple of companies that said they would get back to me as soon as they had looked into it further. It does seem so far that I have at least managed to contact the more preofesional busineses so hopefully I will get a reply soon.

the guy i used to work for actually custom makes trailers for specific purposes, it would be no problem for him to make a trailer for our cars in under 3 days, he makes trailers all the time for other clients for car transporting, im sure he would ffer a discount on any trailer built.

Is it me or have you amended your signature Bibs by adding an 89 SE to your list of Esprits :(

Perhaps you did this ages ago and I've just not noticed before, or is this the car you're transporting from Hull.

Now, if its in Hull I'm wondering if its a white one belonging to Alan Croft? :(

Whatever, we could transport by relay. Someone in Hull drives to say Lincoln then hands it over to the next man/woman until it gets to Kent. Each relay runner would need to get back home but if its 50 miles that ain't too tricky. Suppose insurance might be an issue though :w00t:

Could be fun :geek:

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Alan's is a carb turbo with an extra chargecooler, not an SE, although I think it would def outperform an SE. Doesn't solve the Bibs signature mystery though. Come on mate, let the cat out of the bag!

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Perhaps you're right Dave.

Lets see what transpires. :(

Bibs :w00t:

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

He,he!!! I know too Laura!!!

And i'm not telling either!!! :w00t:

Like i said mate, make out you were, err, driving from hull to kent for an MOT,

call the AA and ask to be taken home. It's free, if you can pull it off.

:(