Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Underbody corrosion protection. - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Underbody corrosion protection.

Birtyboy

Any recommendations for protecting the underside and wheel arches etc from winter crud and road salt? Want to use my car as much as possible through the winter months but not at the expense of having corrosion issues. Looking for simple effective solutions that don’t leave a sticky residue or have to be professionally applied etc.

I’ve seen ACF50 but believe that will need to be reapplied frequently and also Rocal PX32 but I think that stays tacky and attracts the dirt. Any experience with these or other products?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Bilt hamber do a very good range of corrosion prevention.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Have a look at a product I discovered recently. It’s called Lanoguard and is derived from Lanolin. 

Very thin and easy to apply at normal temperatures but dries tona very smart satin black finish and is resistant to pressure wash and of course normal road contaminants. 

Features very strongly on Facebook and has a good enthusiastic following. 

I’ve not yet used it extensively on my cars yet but early signs are very good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madmax said:

Have a look at a product I discovered recently. It’s called Lanoguard and is derived from Lanolin. 

Very thin and easy to apply at normal temperatures but dries tona very smart satin black finish and is resistant to pressure wash and of course normal road contaminants. 

Features very strongly on Facebook and has a good enthusiastic following. 

I’ve not yet used it extensively on my cars yet but early signs are very good

Great thanks 🙏 Had a look at their website and it does look very good so watched the application video of the guy spraying a truck. 
He didn’t seem to have much PPE on and it all came across a big amateur so did leave me wondering how long lasting or good it will actually be. Will try and find some threads on Facebook and see what people are saying.

2 hours ago, red vtec said:

Bilt hamber do a very good range of corrosion prevention.

Had a look at their site and they have an extensive range of products so I’m going to give them a bell tomorrow and see what they say. I saw the Dynax UC which they have as a new product under anti corrosion waxes. This looks promising as it dries clear which I think may be better for what I’m wanting to achieve.

Have you used this yourself?

• Like 1

Hi

because of the resilient nature of fibreglass (and the fact that my Lotus cars are tucked up), I bought this product after researching and speaking with the manufacturer. 

Ive given one of my old steel bodied classics a perfunctory spray to see how well it covers and flows and so far I’ve been impressed. It leaves a very good finish that seems resilient without being thick and heavy although I’ve yet to get under the car (in the dry if I ever can) and cover everything underneath except brakes of course. 

Its recommended to keep the product warm as it’s applied to ensure good flowing and seeking properties but what I like is the way it makes suspension components look new again. 

it doesn’t have a particularly pleasant odour but that disappears once it’s dry as far as I can tell. 

Used by the tough guys in Defenders and big pick up trucks so it’s tough but seem to be a good company with excellent support and good customer service - all good so far     

ACF50 mixed with Double TT (or similar) painted or sprayed works for me. Used it with cars, boats and boat trailers.

Double TT is a waxier form of WD40 and sticks better and spreads the ACF50 better. I find the ACF50 is quite hard to apply without a "thinner" or carrier 

On 14/12/2020 at 17:15, Birtyboy said:

Had a look at their site and they have an extensive range of products so I’m going to give them a bell tomorrow and see what they say. I saw the Dynax UC which they have as a new product under anti corrosion waxes. This looks promising as it dries clear which I think may be better for what I’m wanting to achieve.

Have you used this yourself?

I have a land Rover defender so have used all sorts, the Bilt Hamber stuff is really rated by the off road brigade, I have used several of their products.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"