Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
B***TEC Red Giugiaro Esprit by Bourne Green today - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

B***TEC Red Giugiaro Esprit by Bourne Green today

Colin P

Out for my lunchtime walk and saw this parked up around the corner. Took a closer look and it is absolutely mint. Given it's condition I was surprised to see it out in the drizzle, especially given the snow last week and salt on the roads.

Very long time since I've seen such a nice one. Lovely.

Googled the plate: This may explain the B&C plates, from 2014 on the Goodwood site

Also putting in the laps was a 1985 S3 Esprit Turbo in beautiful nick and owned by B&C chairman Andy Elliman. It’s not the only Esprit he owns: he has snapped up five more and currently has them in restoration in Bristol. ‘They are brilliant British sports cars and undervalued at the moment.’ You heard it here first.

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Chris

The B*** TEC Esprit was featured in a car magazine quite a few years ago. Think it was a comparative test with a black S2 Exige and as I recall it had its BBS wheels painted to look like Compomotives. Pretty sure that the wheels have been put back to original.

13 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

No pictures :(

Thought about it, but didn't really want to stand taking pictures of a car simply parked in the street, whose owner I don't know and wasn't present (as far as I was aware). However seeing as it's on the "net" already:

https://www.evo.co.uk/jaguar/xj/5662/a-z-supercars-lotus-esprit-pictures

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/race/modern/2014/5/on-track-today-lotus-and-morgan-mark-bell--colvills-44th-year-2305/

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

A friend of mine bought this car from Paul Matty's, not long after it appeared in EVO magazine, where as Bazza says it was compared to an exige. I have a copy somewhere, think it was published in 2004 and the article also featured Roger and Matt Becker. The car was in lovely condition, drove well and my friend enjoyed it for some years before selling. He didn't sell to Bell and Colvill, but I remember seeing it had appeared in their showroom. Originally it had half sand leather, but I believe it has been retrimmed in full leather.