Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Final Edition Elise Cup 250 - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Final Edition Elise Cup 250

CocoPops

1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

Interior: Silver Pads (would have preferred black but not at £1500 extra).

is it that all the other colours - orange, red etc - are standard, and black is £1500?

Correct.

There was a last minute addition/appendix.

Silver/Red/Orange/DarkBlue/LightBlue are all free, but if you want black... you have to pay £1500! 🤦‍♂️

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Amendments I've had via dealer, I assume to be publicised further later...

Black Alcantara - £1500 retail inc VAT.
Bespoke Stitch - £600 retail inc VAT
Some want an all colour car with no Black pack, but have requested black rear transom – now available at £600 retail inc VAT. This is odd one.. full black pack is £400, but transom only is £600.

I get the impression they don't want deviations, hence making prices too high (imo)

LPIPX0B.png

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

4 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Some want an all colour car with no Black pack, but have requested black rear transom – now available at £600 retail inc VAT. This is odd one.. full black pack is £400, but transom only is £600.

They have learnt the art of charging more for less from Porsche!

Same with the exige. Had the choice to order a 390 or a stock 350 and speccing the 390  up to the 350 came to nearly 73000 on the road against the the 350 at 62000 all in with 3 years free servicing

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Congrats, @CocoPops,

Interesting that they added more colours now. Also that you have to pay extra for leather on the steering wheel (basic being alcantara?). Do you know if/think it will be possible to add carbon sills only (I don´t think Alcantara belongs in the sills)?

Does anyone know what shade of blue is the Sport 240 used for the press release pictures? Nightfall or Daytona (I reckon it is not Essex)?

Azure Blue is used in the Carfection video.

Yes, you can add Carbon Sills. Expensive though @ £1200

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Arregueti said:

Thanks. I am confused about the colours now. They quote three blues now on their press materials (Nightfall/Daytona/Essex)

Three NEW colours for the final addition, PLUS, you can select any other current colour you like - it's all there in the release!!!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Nope, standard aero as per the most recent Cup250 spec.

27 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Three NEW colours for the final addition, PLUS, you can select any other current colour you like - it's all there in the release!!!

Thanks @C8RKH

You may certainly be right. I read it differently, though.

A new selection of colours has been introduced for the Elise Sport 240, harking back to some of the iconic colour schemes from the Elise and Lotus’ past. They are split into two; Select, which includes Daytona Blue, Fire Red, Metallic Orange and Motorsport Black; and Heritage, which includes Racing Green, Nightfall Blue, Essex Blue and Calypso Red.

Anyway, apologies for the thread drift, @CocoPops. I look forward to reading your updates on your car.

Delivery in July should hopefully allow you to enjoy it fully post-lockdowns, etc.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arregueti said:

You may certainly be right. I read it differently, though

Seemed clear to me below:

To mark the final year of production and it’s 25th anniversary the final edition Elise includes some unique paint choices, new decals on the exterior, and new wheel finishes.

In addition to twelve choices of standard and select paints, the Elise 240 final edition features five unique heritage colours that celebrate the Elise’s history. Buyers can specify Racing Green, Nightfall Blue, Essex Blue, Calypso Red and Black. These are teamed with a new lightweight, anthracite finish 10 spoke wheel. Black wheels can also be optioned on the Elise 240.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

yeh, already wavering on spec again...

Do I drop the carbon panel and bootlid (£2.1k) and take the carpet and sound insulation for a bit more comfort :D

True that!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

yeh, already wavering on spec again...

Do I drop the carbon panel and bootlid (£2.1k) and take the carpet and sound insulation for a bit more comfort :D

Carbon panel and bootlid you could always get later, couldn't you? Not sure you can get sound insulation done later on. Truth is, I don´t particularly like carbon fibre, so I am maybe not well placed to say anything.

Extremely jealous. 🙂

That's the trouble with options.... too many choices!

Don't ever try to buy a Porsche or Audi then. You'll be there for weeks!

• Haha 1

The small print.