Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Final Edition Elise Cup 250 - Page 2 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Final Edition Elise Cup 250

CocoPops

2 hours ago, CocoPops said:

yeh, already wavering on spec again...

Do I drop the carbon panel and bootlid (£2.1k) and take the carpet and sound insulation for a bit more comfort :D

Keep boot lid CF as it saves weight in the best position

spend remaining CF budget on carpets and sound insulation 

Edited by SFO
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Still deliberating over colour (and interior mainly).

Silver (most neutral colour interior) is possibly too light? I wear jeans and don't want the denim staining the seats.

So, if I chose red interior... that kinda rules out Yellow exterior for example.
If I keep yellow exterior, it's £1500 for black alcantara interior...

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Just make sure you wear old denim that no longer stains 

colour wise: loud exterior, demure interior OR demure exterior, loud interior. Contrast, yin and yang. 

I like any of the following with orange or red interior: nightfall blue, Elise grey, racing green 

Azure Blue with Red interior is a consideration for sure.

Not sure on Orange interior... I wonder why they've got a lot of the Orange alcantara left over from the Exige 20th Anniversary :D

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

It is hard to judge from the configurator, but Azure blue and the red interior seem to come along nicely. The darker interior blue could also work for me, but I guess not for you if you want contrast. Daytona blue seems to match the darker blue a bit better, too.

Green with red interior? Black and red?

Solid yellow and black alcantara with yellow stitching (if it is possible) might work for you, then.

Not easy to find many suitable matches for me, in all honesty.

Exactly! See :)

Racing Green with Red? Bit Christmassy? :D

• Haha 1

Ha ha. Maybe that combination grants you access to town centres in the festive days, then.

I have spent quite some time myself setting up a Sport 240 and almost got there now (if only I were in a position to place an order 😂) but with more choice on the Cup 250, it must be pretty hard on your nerves. 😃

On 10/02/2021 at 21:07, Arregueti said:

Carbon panel and bootlid you could always get later, couldn't you? Not sure you can get sound insulation done later on. Truth is, I don´t particularly like carbon fibre, so I am maybe not well placed to say anything.

Extremely jealous. 🙂

Who sells the carbon panel and boot lid aftermarket for the S3?

Edited by Slow Yank

I was not thinking specifically of aftermarket suppliers. More so about buying later. I wonder whether the usual suspects (Elise Parts, Elise Shop, Komotec) offer all or some of those parts in C/F, though.

So I've got to lock in my spec and I'm really worrying now about getting it right :lol:

This is where I'm at currently:

Isotope Green
Red Interior
Floor Mats
Carpet
Red Calipers
Cruise Control
Stereo
Air conditioning
Sound Insulation
Black Wheels
No Black Pack
No Carbon

£55210+OTR Costs

Azure Blue with Red still possible, but my current Metallic C202 Elise is quite similar, so time for a change?

Arrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!

You are not shy. 🙂 Sounds good to me.

Vivid green still my favorite, but I would go without full carpet (I think I would like to see the aluminium chassis) and I am not sure whether sound insulation is effective in an Elise cup, but then I have never carried out a comparison with/without.

(I blame you for taking me back to the configurator after a week of abstinence. I am still trying to accept that I will not order. Apparently they are mostly sold out now -at least the 240s. I will make your car mine 🙂)

@JG220has ordered Vivid Green (with Silver interior I think).
So given they will be seen together at trackdays, I don't want the same colour :lol:

• Like 1

I don't, but I like Diamond cut even less! :lol:

Will get my current set of Cup250 wheels refinished in Anthracite I think, and keep the black ones to one side.

On 01/03/2021 at 21:08, Arregueti said:

I was not thinking specifically of aftermarket suppliers. More so about buying later. I wonder whether the usual suspects (Elise Parts, Elise Shop, Komotec) offer all or some of those parts in C/F, though.

Looks like there are far more options for S2's than S3's. This was the only carbon rear engine cover I could find for the S3:

https://faithfulrainbow.com/product/lotus-2013-elise-s3-carbon-fiber-engine-hood-cover/

Also on eBay for a bit less:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282905155518?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-139619-5960-0&mkcid=2&itemid=282905155518&targetid=951653749644&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9071722&poi=&campaignid=9772799676&mkgroupid=100117146416&rlsatarget=pla-951653749644&abcId=578876&merchantid=119362086&gclid=CjwKCAiAkJKCBhAyEiwAKQBCkjQYcXGD9vG08UXmn2gEl9tO8nhGlxjm5aYZvjwztmTjqj4nwy2fexoCYAkQAvD_BwE

• Like 1

Great spec Lee, love Isotope. Brave to go with the red interior, I have seen JCTs 250 in the flesh in this colour combo and I thought it looked stunning. And yes a lot of money for a Elise but then again you only live once 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CocoPops said:

OK, I'm fully committed now... Everything is LOCKED in at factory.

Isotope Green inc body coloured Wing Mirrors
Red Interior (with bespoke leather vent covers to match the leather sills instead of the Alcantara default)
Floor Mats
Carpet
Red Calipers
Cruise Control
Stereo
Air conditioning
Sound Insulation
Black Wheels
Carbon Aero Kit

So the big addition is the Carbon Aero Kit... I originally wanted painted rear spoiler/endplates but this was going to add £1200! Which is just over a third of the Carbon Aero Kit... so with YOLO in mind... I added the £3400 Carbon Aero Kit!!

Over £60k for an Elise... it is my forever car though, so gotta get it right.

Bloody brilliant Lee. Well done mate. Cannot wait to see it in the flesh. It will be the mutts!

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!