Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ventilated disc brake in front - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ventilated disc brake in front

I would like to install a front ventilated disc brake on my Eclat 2.2 1982.
Can anyone give me a tip

Hello Tom
Thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately I'm not that technically gifted. Is there a way to use the Esprit's brake?

@jag928 The Esprit brakes (Model Year 1985 until a few years into the 1990s when they went larger) are the same as the Excel, but they have different suspension uprights to the Elite/Eclat with trunnions. Also those vented brakes on the Excel/ Esprit are not great, you'll find several people choose to upgrade from those, that's not to say they're awful, they're just not great by modern standards.  To retrofit the Excel/ Esprit vented discs would mean about the same amount of work as @EXCEL V8 has done for the much bigger ones on his car.  So, possible, but just not worth it (Standard Esprit / Excel ones)

Hi, I used to use Hawk Ferro carbon pads in my Eclat2.2 for racing. These proved very effective. I tried ebc pads but melted them in 5 laps of Mallory park. I subsequently fitted a PNM brake upgrade that was vented disks with alloy wilwood  calipers, this was supposed to be a direct fit but required a minor modification and 10mm spacer to fit behind the 14" wheels.  Eventually I fitted Excel Toyota uprights and the lotusbits 310mm vented discs and Hispec calipers with 15" Excel wheels

download.jpeg

Thanks for the tips, with the Wilwood brake I have had good experience with my Volvo 740 rally at the ring.

I first have to gain experience with the Lotus at the RedBull Ring in Austria.

Slovakiaring Aug 14.jpg