Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Se Won't Start After Warm - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Se Won't Start After Warm

Greg Z

My 89 SE starts up fine every morning (except 1 time) but if I drive it for a lil while and go into the store it may or may not start back up. It will turn over plenty fast(So battery is not the issues, TRUST ME). Usually in the past if I wait about 5 minutes it will start back up. But today in the 100 degree heat in front of all of the onlookes in front of my Bank, guess what?, No start! I call a ride and after waiting 30 minutes for ride to get there I try 1 more time and it starts right up. HELP! I took it to the shop before and they said they could not duplicate the problem. They had it for two months.

NSX - ESPRIT SE - 500SL -

FIERO INDY 500 - BMW 850CI(wifes)

10 sec IMPALA SS - TT C5 VETTE -

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a hot start problem, RX7's do this many times. The fuel gets hot and vapor locks. Perhaps next time this happens crack one of the fuel caps and let the vapors vent. Also, Try parking in a shaded spot, this is what I've done for years for my RX7 to prevent this from happening, they do the same exact thing when the heat is really on! Good luck.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

My 89 SE starts up fine every morning (except 1 time) but if I drive it for a lil while and go into the store it may or may not start back up. It will turn over plenty fast(So battery is not the issues, TRUST ME). Usually in the past if I wait about 5 minutes it will start back up. But today in the 100 degree heat in front of all of the onlookes in front of my Bank, guess what?, No start! I call a ride and after waiting 30 minutes for ride to get there I try 1 more time and it starts right up. HELP! I took it to the shop before and they said they could not duplicate the problem. They had it for two months.

I have a 1996 s4s that if you went on a run for over an hour and switched off and then tried to start again the engine would turn over but would not start but if you left it for 5 to 10 mins it would then

start ok.

What I found when it would not start you could not hear the vacuum pump running.

I solved the problem by changing the ignition relay after trying lots of other things.

Hope this may help

I have a 1996 s4s that if you went on a run for over an hour and switched off and then tried to start again the engine would turn over but would not start but if you left it for 5 to 10 mins it would then

start ok.

What I found when it would not start you could not hear the vacuum pump running.

I solved the problem by changing the ignition relay after trying lots of other things.

Hope this may help

WOW, you've been on here a yr. and I have the honor of your first post. Thats cool. Thank-you. I will try all these possiblities and report back.

NSX - ESPRIT SE - 500SL -

FIERO INDY 500 - BMW 850CI(wifes)

10 sec IMPALA SS - TT C5 VETTE -

My 2002 Monte Carlo did the exact same thing. Changed the in-tank fuel pump and the problem was solved. Don't we have like 2 pumps on the Esprit? No fuel, no starty. ;)