Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brand new sport 350 ordered today - exhaust options please - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Brand new sport 350 ordered today - exhaust options please

Hi everyone,

I'm so excited to announce that I finally put a deposit down on a brand new orange 350 sport today. I am unbelievably excited and I can't wait to get back into the fold after owning an S2 Exige for 5 years (bought new in 2010 and sold in 2015)  😁 

I've previously spoken on another thread about upgrading to a 380/410 exhaust system but I wanted to see what other options were available and peoples opinion/experiences of them. I understand I will have warranty issues if I change any cats (or even if I just go down the 2bular back box route) but I change the exhaust on every performance car I buy so it has to be done. I like a loud car, particularly with added drama like pops and bangs etc. All options come with a valve to make it quiet when desired which is great. So the current options are:

1) put a full 380/410 system on the car including the downpipe. This would involve buying a used 380/410 backbox if possible (to keep the costs down) and buy the downpipes from lotus. Positive from this is that it may retain the warranty as all parts are from lotus.

2) 2bular Road (the loud one) back box. Quite a  popular option with others and not too expensive. Would this void the warranty? After speaking to someone from servicing at Oakmere they believe it would.

3) standard 350 back box and 2bular engine protection kit (with singular sports cat). Im very intrigued by this one because I like the standard rear trapezoid tip over the twin tip from 2bular. Anyone has this system? I suppose you could go further and have a decent exhaust place to alter the tubing in the 350 back box to make it a straight pipe. I understand warranty would be void with this

4) 2bular Road back box and engine protection kit (with singular sports cat) i believe this would be the Daddy of all choices in terms of volume and character but obviously very costly. Is it worth the price? And again I understand warranty would be void woth this.

Any experience and ideas on the above options would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance 

John 

Edited by Dicko4

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic