Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
May Breakfast Meeting - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

May Breakfast Meeting

Now that lockdown has eased anyone fancy a "meet up"?  Maybe Sunday 16th May?  Given the time passed sinced the last meet up was wondering if anyone fancied a wee bacon roll, a coffee, and a nice drive out as per map below. Great roads and scenery and we could combine with a very light lunch outside somehere like say the Meiklour Arms.

Was thinking to start at the Bridge Cafe in Dundee from 0900-0930 - loads of space for the meet-up, a roll and coffee from the carry out Carriage and then start for the drive.

image.thumb.png.5a726c74921e90cd2d41b97d0b87a221.png 

This is one of my favourite routes, usually in the evening after a stressful day to blow away the cobwebs. Some cracking roads here and largely away from the main drag strips/trunk roads where possible. Happy for any other suggestions re starting place and routes. Would be just good to see some fellow Lotus nutters for once! :) Anyone from the North East could aim to meet us at Brechin if they wanted but the drive from just outside to Dundee there is on nice roads!

image.png.60a9b6cd0f8fb5dffe6fcdf89bf9bd54.png

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Mine is still nowhere near going back on the road yet. :cry:

Gutted!

Hope you have a great day, those that do manage.

• Sad 1

God this thread is dead these days!  Looking to book numbers for lunch at Meiklour Sunday on Friday afternoon. Please confirm.

@Alfa2Evora you don't need to be in a Lotus. Andrew will be in his pram !

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

It’s been quite a few years since I have been on a LEGS run, but given the car is finally running again, and you are coming up my way, I would love to tag along. I will probably meet you at the top of Cairn O’ Mount though, rather than coming down to Dundee. It looks like you are planning to leave at 9.30ish, so I would make sure I am there no later than say 10.20? Google recons 1h15mins from the Cafe to the viewpoint, but I suspect it might take a little less than that…

Scott

• Like 1

Hi all. Run is still on for tomorrow, we will be leaving at 0930 sharp from the Bridgeview cafe. I'll be there from around 0845 after filling up with Momentum 99 at the Tesco 0.5 miles away.  You will find with a coffee in one hand a link roll with ketchup at the other between 0845 and 0930 at the cafe :)

We then proceed through Dundee then on some beautiful roads through Angus county, skirting Forfar and up to Brechin. Slight change to route near the start as I did a rekkie this morning and the Kellas road is closed. However, found a superb diversion on a new road to me that was lovely.

From there, we skirt Brechin and up to Clattering Bridge to pick up the North East contingent who will know doubt have weightened themselves with a full Scottish Breakfast by the time we get there!

Then it is over the gorgeous Carin o Mount road (please be careful!) and round the top to Ballater, through Braemar, and wind up to the Ski Centre at Glenshee, then drop down through Blairgowrie aiming to be at the Meiklour Arms for lunch, for 1230!  

All in all it's a fair trip this and we need to crack on, (safely) to get to the Arms for the 1230 table booking for 8.

Me

Andrew and pop

Archie and Justine

Ian and Emma

Anyone else wish to join us for lunch, please book (we are in a covered area outside with heaters) - so will be nice and the Meiklour Arms never usually disappoints on the food front!

Just a reminder. This is not a race, a time trial etc.  It is also not an "official" organised run. It is just a suggested route and start end/time for people who like their plastic cars.  Please remember the rules of the road and that normal laws etc do apply at all times (sorry, but I do feel we do need to be clear on these things in these times.

If anyone has time in the afternoon (I don't as need to drive down to Cheshire), and are reasonably new to the area, from the Meiklour Arms there is a lovely simple route to Dunkeld. Home of the Cathedral, some nice walks, a couple of great tea shops and some wonderful local made ice-cream.  Would be shame not to make a day of it as the weather looks OK and the scenery around this part of Perthshire is stunning.

image.thumb.png.8e12051a7d6974b1e49a5b9a02bc5128.png

• Like 2

The small print.