Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How much should you pay for a good S4 / S4S? - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

How much should you pay for a good S4 / S4S?

GordonMasson

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree Ade, but we are the bulk of the owners on here we should control the prices, but how? only takes one person looking for a quick sale to drop his/her price and the rest follow?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Good Idea Paul... Thanks

Oh and Gordon, picked up this tiny little book from

my local oxfam bookshop yesterday. Kinda had my

name on it i guess, full of seventies cars including

excellent early lamborghini and ferrari's, but some

really cool leyland, toyota stuff too, even that six

wheel panther.

Of course the cover drew me to it, looks familiar right?

rsz_154_5432.jpg

:lol:

Oh and Gordon, picked up this tiny little book from

my local oxfam bookshop yesterday. Kinda had my

name on it i guess, full of seventies cars including

excellent early lamborghini and ferrari's, but some

really cool leyland, toyota stuff too, even that six

wheel panther.

Of course the cover drew me to it, looks familiar right?

rsz_154_5432.jpg

:lol:

Yup got that book off E-Bay a while back Paul.

I think i have just about all the documentation for the S1 now but still looking for unusual things.

Thanks for the heads up anyway

:o

I can only see the problem getting worse as these cheap supercars are snapped up only to hit the market at an even lower price a few months later when the first big bill or service comes up.

You have answered your own question there.

Right then, said Fred.

You have answered your own question there.

Spose your right Snuffy. :)

Just put my S4s on the "FOR SALE" board on LEW.....

Just under 15k......

not desperate to sell... don't need the cash, but would like it to go to a caring home.......

Maybe.... but I don't think so....

I've put her on here at a "sensible" selling price in the hope that a fellow enthusiast would like her.....

Can't bear the thought that it might go to a non-enthusiast.....

and hopefully the price will avoid the need for me to haggle and enable someone to either move up the chain, or join our fold for the first time.....

Well we are on holiday down near Manchester at the moment and so I took a trip down the road to see the yellow S4S at Paul Mattys.

Looked pretty good at first but at closer inspection there were quite a few chips and scrapes and a bit of crazing on things like the wheel arches and the front bumper which may have had a bit of a knock?

Wheels need a refurb and there has been a car phone fitted so the dash has some holes in it and a few marks.

The drivers seat has been torn slightly but has been repaired

well, I'm reasonably well documented as being impatient about the new Esprit... see the thread in the "next generation" area....

My intention was to drive my S4s until the new esprit arrived; I have the cash and it was originally due about now.....

BUT god knows when and if it will appear...... and as I use it for a daily drive, it wont be long before it hits the 100k mark.....

SO time for a change..... I love it and it is now totally reliable.....

but the Aston Vantage roadster is due in September (managed to grab one in the spec I wanted that someone had dropped off the list for)

Pity.... but it'll keep me going until Lotus sort their lives out...... or don't !

Anyhow... its a great car and I hope it goes to an enthusiast....

well, I'm reasonably well documented as being impatient about the new Esprit... see the thread in the "next generation" area....

My intention was to drive my S4s until the new esprit arrived; I have the cash and it was originally due about now.....

BUT god knows when and if it will appear...... and as I use it for a daily drive, it wont be long before it hits the 100k mark.....

SO time for a change..... I love it and it is now totally reliable.....

but the Aston Vantage roadster is due in September (managed to grab one in the spec I wanted that someone had dropped off the list for)

Pity.... but it'll keep me going until Lotus sort their lives out...... or don't !

Anyhow... its a great car and I hope it goes to an enthusiast....

Paul,

Last i heard 2009 was the new launch date for the Esprit :thumbup: