Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
DOes an S4 Nardi steering wheel and it's adaptor fit a Stevens Esprit SE from 1990? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

DOes an S4 Nardi steering wheel and it's adaptor fit a Stevens Esprit SE from 1990?

HI all,

I am looking into possibly installing a later type non airbag Nardi steering wheel and it's adaptor on to my 1990  Esprit Turbo SE. So, apart from the horn function, would it fit my car? (thinking of steering column etc.). I think it's the same on S4, S4s and Sport300?

The one I am looking at, is similar looking to a sport300 except for the covering which is not alcantara, but normal leather. The center pad is similar.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jacques,

If I remember correctly I think there is only one steering column model so I would guess all the steering wheels are compatible.

The only difference I heard is the column leathered shroud opening on the SIR equiped cars is a bit wider and might not be so pretty on a non SIR steering wheel.

But I have never checked myself.

I guess the parts manual would confirm the steering columns are the identical for the SE and S4? (my SIR steering wheel — yes, the ugly one — is only loosely attached to the car at the moment so I can take a few photos and measurements for you if that's of any help to you?)

Edited by Giniw

The SE and S4 have different part numbers for the upper steering column assembly but that does not necessarily mean the steering wheels are not interchangeable. If the PCD of the 6 mounting holes on both steering wheels are the same then you should be able to swap them.

So, having these parts in hand, the steering wheels themselves, are interchangable, but the horn button and it's subassembly, are not. So there, a little bit of creativity is needed. Now working on that.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)