Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2012 Evora S - Issues Getting Into 1st Gear From Reverse - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2012 Evora S - Issues Getting Into 1st Gear From Reverse

Over the past month I've had a number of instances where I can't get the car into 1st gear after backing the car out of my drive. Happened again last night and now I'm worried that I'm going to get the car stranded somewhere.

Anyone else have this issue?

I'm taking the car to the dealer to have this checked out but looking for any thoughts on what it could be ie; stretched cables, slave cylinder.

I haven't checked the shifting with the engine off...yet, but will.

Over the past few years I have found the shifter to be getting more and more notchy.

Edited by jdfish
additional comment

Checked the shifting with the engine off and without depressing the clutch and it seems better, but how is this connected to a clutch issue?

I haven't changed the clutch/brake fluid in a few years so that can't help.

• Gold FFM

No drag from the clutch not completely disengaging when the car is not running which lets you get out of gear, but makes selecting gear difficult.

Do you have the same difficulty if you try to select reverse again with the engine running?

If selecting gears is still difficult with the engine not running, then cables (adjustment) is possibly the culprit.

As an aside, if you did reverse and then could not engage first, turn the car off, select gear (hopefully you will be able to), push clutch in, start car in gear, release clutch and drive straight home.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

1 hour ago, jdfish said:

Checked the shifting with the engine off and without depressing the clutch and it seems better, but how is this connected to a clutch issue?

I haven't changed the clutch/brake fluid in a few years so that can't help.

Clutch not disengaging fully (aka dragging), potentially.

Yep, always worth a bleed before the 25 hour job to replace the clutch 🙃

Dave

so the dealer garage is suggesting that with the clutch fluid being a few years old, plus me having done a few track days that there may be some air or condensation in the fluid and that a flush/fill with hi-temp fluid will likely fix the issue

I get the car back in a few days so we will see.

Edited by jdfish
added comments
  • Like 1